What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
Wow. If Roger Tuivasa Sheck left it would be a shame, he really hasn't scratched the surface of his potential in rugby league. Maybe the Warriors losing has become too much for him?

"Roger Tuivasa Sheck has admitted he is in talks with Rugby Union & would like to one day represent the New Zealand All Blacks. He is currently contracted for one more year at the Warriors."

davi

Juniors
Knights might be still in a chance for Pearce. If Knights play him at half-back he would probably be a better a fit then with Manly. I also think there has been too much discussion mixing his club football with state of origin. To suggest Pearce had a terrible year last in club football is a bit lame.

"Latest development on Mitchell Pearce is rumours that the Newcastle Knights are looking to sign him. Reportedly coach Nathan Brown has contacted Wayne Pearce twice this week to discuss his sons future."

Incorrect

Coach
Wow. If Roger Tuivasa Sheck left it would be a shame, he really hasn't scratched the surface of his potential in rugby league. Maybe the Warriors losing has become too much for him?

"Roger Tuivasa Sheck has admitted he is in talks with Rugby Union & would like to one day represent the New Zealand All Blacks. He is currently contracted for one more year at the Warriors."
It's all been a bit of a cluster f**k for him since he left the Roosters and joined the Warriors (for varying reasons).... can't blame him for contemplating a change of scenery...

davi

Juniors
Can NFL players make the transition to Rugby league? I don't know much about Silas Redd but I wonder if the Jarryd Hayne story put the idea in his head to play rugby league. Good luck to him.

"Former NFL running back Silas Redd has signed with Intrust Super Cup side Ipswich Jets. Ben Walker has stated he will play NRL."

BranVan3000

Coach
Can NFL players make the transition to Rugby league? I don't know much about Silas Redd but I wonder if the Jarryd Hayne story put the idea in his head to play rugby league. Good luck to him.

"Former NFL running back Silas Redd has signed with Intrust Super Cup side Ipswich Jets. Ben Walker has stated he will play NRL."
I imagine there are a lot of talents missing out on NFL placements who could make an NRL career with training

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's contract time. Got to dust off those rugby union rumours.

If he thinks he's finishing with the Warriors in 2018 and making the All Blacks WC side by the end of 2019 then good on him for having delusi....I mean ambitions.

perverse

Referee

At his age, maybe as a forward? Can't see him lasting in the backline without any League or even Rugby instincts to fall back on. Maybe on the wing too, but even then watching him make decisions in defence would be a bit of a disaster I would think. Could see a running back killing it in the back row, though... should be familiar with running lines, running at holes, etc.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Knights might be still in a chance for Pearce. If Knights play him at half-back he would probably be a better a fit then with Manly. I also think there has been too much discussion mixing his club football with state of origin. To suggest Pearce had a terrible year last in club football is a bit lame.

"Latest development on Mitchell Pearce is rumours that the Newcastle Knights are looking to sign him. Reportedly coach Nathan Brown has contacted Wayne Pearce twice this week to discuss his sons future."

why, is he proposing to marry him?

Eelementary

Post Whore

Never say never - and NFL athletes are superb, generally -, but at 178 cm and 91kg, he'd be a bit of a liability under the high ball when marking up against the modern day wingers.

Unless he played fullback, of course, where it's a little easier to get some help from teammates.

Eelementary

Post Whore
At his age, maybe as a forward? Can't see him lasting in the backline without any League or even Rugby instincts to fall back on. Maybe on the wing too, but even then watching him make decisions in defence would be a bit of a disaster I would think. Could see a running back killing it in the back row, though... should be familiar with running lines, running at holes, etc.

He's only 25, though...

Pedge1971

First Grade
It's all been a bit of a cluster f**k for him since he left the Roosters and joined the Warriors (for varying reasons).... can't blame him for contemplating a change of scenery...

RTS will be stuck in Super Rugby hell if he switches. Too many good outside backs i the system...

Pedge1971

First Grade
Never say never - and NFL athletes are superb, generally -, but at 178 cm and 91kg, he'd be a bit of a liability under the high ball when marking up against the modern day wingers.

Unless he played fullback, of course, where it's a little easier to get some help from teammates.

Superb in their game maybe. NFL is about 1 smart bloke and 20 odd robots. Give me a natural footy player any day.

(Waiting for the boring NFL stop start, need more stats, 10 games a year, one skilled I"m a Yank loving merkins to come at me)......

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Superb in their game maybe. NFL is about 1 smart bloke and 20 odd robots. Give me a natural footy player any day.

(Waiting for the boring NFL stop start, need more stats, 10 games a year, one skilled I"m a Yank loving merkins to come at me)......

Couldn't agree more. NFL players won't make the NRL. It's a completely different sport. NFL is all about explosiveness where NRL is about endurance. No NFL player could handle NRL for 80 minutes. I don't believe any of the backs in NFL could handle defending in NRL either.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I'm an NFL fan, and I love my league, so you may think I'm biased - but I think it's harsh calling them robots.

An O-Linesman needs to read the blitz, which gap the defense is blitzing through, and react accordingly.

Defensive backs need to react between zone and man coverage.

It's true that NFL players play short, sharp bursts, and their sport uses different skill sets - however, players in positions such as tight end, running back, and linebacker are great athletes imo, and given a year or two, they could learn to play league well, imo.

Bit Silas Redd - good as he is - is a little short and heavy, imo.

simmo05

Bench
Not many players go backwards when they cross the dutch.....

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Todd Carney.... couldn't have had a more apt surname.... Carney by name, Carny by nature....

latest

Small hands, smells like cabbage?