What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

BLN2

Juniors
Ok so if a guy who played 30 NRL games for the warriors in 3 years when they were generally garbage is playing wing for the All Blacks after playing union for 12 months, is it fairly reasonable to suggest that a guy considered one of the better players in the rugby league world would be a decent shot to make the side if he crossed over?

Laumape always played well for the Warriors, he just had a tonne of injuries during his time with the club. His knees were crook, we all know how long they take to come right.. Plus he was a late League convert, and always was a massive Union talent, the Warriors poached him for U/20's. Can probably say the same about Duffie.

RTS would only make the AB's on the wing, fullback is pretty much a 2nd No 10 in Union. They have a tonne of injuries ATM, and still have a good backline. I think he'd make it, but would take a couple of seasons. The depth in NZ is pretty unreal.

You Kiwi's all get a bit carried away with the ability of the All Blacks.

Fact is that Rugby Union on the whole is a bog average sport nowadays. Sure, the Kiwi's are still the best at it but the fitness and skill level in the sport is way below that on display in league.

If RTS crosses over he will walk into the All Blacks side and probably play wherever he wants.

Clifferd

Coach
UNion is basically a slow version of league. I don’t see the fascination of it at all

It’s also scary how easy our league converts have made it to the big stage (didn’t korobeite only play for like 3 months before making the wallabies?)

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Fact is that Rugby Union on the whole is a bog average sport nowadays. Sure, the Kiwi's are still the best at it but the fitness and skill level in the sport is way below that on display in league.

If RTS crosses over he will walk into the All Blacks side and probably play wherever he wants.
The All Blecks are the most overrated team in the history of sports.

The talk of it being a world game with amazing depth is absolutely laughable.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
the all black winning streak isn't as impressive as it once was thanks to how shite the wallabies are these days

Pedge1971

First Grade
UNion is basically a slow version of league. I don’t see the fascination of it at all

It’s also scary how easy our league converts have made it to the big stage (didn’t korobeite only play for like 3 months before making the wallabies?)

To be fair mate you & I could walk into that Wallabies squad.

Vic Mackey

Referee

The first line is so much yes.

I respect how dominant the All Blacks are, however it really is the equivalent of a 6th grader beating up a 2nd grader.

Do you know who Joe Tomane is? He played reserve grade wing for the Titans the year they won the wooden spoon. He was released and then signed with the ACT Brumbies, after 12 games he was starting for the Wallabies. I'm not exaggerating when I say half the Wallabies wouldn't make the starting side of most nsw cup teams. Yet over the ditch they wank themselves stupid when they beat them by 4 points.

The Wallabies are considered what, the second best team in the world? Seriously. The All Blacks aren't these superhuman beings the Kiwis make them out to be.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Watching the Mitre10 cup over here on tv is actually pretty entertaining, often have close fought 60-70+ point games with 4 or 5 tries each and attack from one end of the field to the other.

Just a shame when they go up to the big smoke there hands get tied behind their back and they get handed a pair of penalty kicking boots

Iafeta

Referee
Ok so if a guy who played 30 NRL games for the warriors in 3 years when they were generally garbage is playing wing for the All Blacks after playing union for 12 months, is it fairly reasonable to suggest that a guy considered one of the better players in the rugby league world would be a decent shot to make the side if he crossed over?

Not really. Ngani was a terrific defender (easily the best we had out wide), had a good work rate and a good ability to break tackles. Don't be fooled. He was a massive loss to the Warriors.

Iafeta

Referee
The first line is so much yes.

I respect how dominant the All Blacks are, however it really is the equivalent of a 6th grader beating up a 2nd grader.

Do you know who Joe Tomane is? He played reserve grade wing for the Titans the year they won the wooden spoon. He was released and then signed with the ACT Brumbies, after 12 games he was starting for the Wallabies. I'm not exaggerating when I say half the Wallabies wouldn't make the starting side of most nsw cup teams. Yet over the ditch they wank themselves stupid when they beat them by 4 points.

The Wallabies are considered what, the second best team in the world? Seriously. The All Blacks aren't these superhuman beings the Kiwis make them out to be.

Do you know who SBW is? He's a hot topic of conversation in that his position in the All Blacks is contentious at best presently.

FYI, up until the last test, Australia were ranked 5th.

One thing is for sure. I'd take Laumape back in a heart beat. That guy was a gun who covered a lot of poorer players around him.

Latest posts