What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Tiger5150

Bench
Mannah was off contract this year so we won’t be paying much if anything
You understand he is only at the The Tigers for this year? You know, the extent of the Parra contract? Tigers have less than $100k in the cap thanks to Greenberg so everything over that Parra are paying for. Thanks again

Tiger5150

Bench
lol, you’re most welcome. I’ve said from round 1 this year that what’s stopping the Tigers being premiership contenders in 2019 is end-of-career Tim Mannah.

Tim Mannah isn’t the answer to anything other than the recently asked question “now we have Russell Packer totally useless and not likely to play first grade again and our front row stocks are lightly spread amongst a few kids (if Matulinos knee gives in Twal is our most experience d prop), is there a first grade prop available just until the end of the season that has a great attitude and ethic that would be super cheap and a club stupid enough to pay for him ?”

The answer to that question is Tim Mannah

muznik

Juniors
It's been reported that if the Titans do punt Garth Brennan that Kevin Walters and Trent Barrett will be in the frame of mind for the replacement. I'm surprised that Barrett would be even considered. The Titans seem to me are running out of patience and not looking to put someone on who has already got a blotch on his resume.

The Titans might be more willing to give Brennan more time if he hadn't gone out and made so many dud signings.

FWIW.. I heard Walters is already lined up.
They're just waiting for Origin to be done & dusted to be announced

Tiger5150

Bench
What an odd signing.
I though under Madge the Tigers were finally getting smart with their recruitment & retention.
On the surface it seems strange but with Packers cards clearly marked Tigers are way short on front row experience. If Matulino goes down Twal is our most experienced. Mannah is short term, costing almost nothing and provides at least as much impact as Packer.

It’s not an exciting or inspiring signing but tbh I can understand it and don’t see much of a downside in the short term

Zadar

Juniors
It's been reported that if the Titans do punt Garth Brennan that Kevin Walters and Trent Barrett will be in the frame of mind for the replacement. I'm surprised that Barrett would be even considered. The Titans seem to me are running out of patience and not looking to put someone on who has already got a blotch on his resume.

The Titans might be more willing to give Brennan more time if he hadn't gone out and made so many dud signings.

What a flop this franchise has been, from crowds, to coaches, player recruiting/backflip, and performances, nrl funding them, ceo have been terrible, yet the nrl persists.

Every other team in the comp I would have some sort of issue if they were to be relocated or merged, the Titans would be as forgettable as a 3am kebab after a night out.

Roosters rule

Juniors
On the surface it seems strange but with Packers cards clearly marked Tigers are way short on front row experience. If Matulino goes down Twal is our most experienced. Mannah is short term, costing almost nothing and provides at least as much impact as Packer.

It’s not an exciting or inspiring signing but tbh I can understand it and don’t see much of a downside in the short term

Fair points.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Has trent finished gardening at Manly?

At least the gold Coast will have the best gardens in the NRL.

Mr Spock!

Referee
What a flop this franchise has been, from crowds, to coaches, player recruiting/backflip, and performances, nrl funding them, ceo have been terrible, yet the nrl persists.

Every other team in the comp I would have some sort of issue if they were to be relocated or merged, the Titans would be as forgettable as a 3am kebab after a night out.
And to think they sacrificed the Central Coast for the most useless franchise on earth.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
What the hell has happened to Russell Packer to make Tim Mannah the answer?

Haven't been following the Tigers close enough to notice

Front-Rower

First Grade
NRL app just sent through a notification to say Dane Gagai wants out of Souths as he is not happy being moved to the wing since Roberts’ signing.

Spot On

Coach
You can't blame Dane for thinking he is a first grade standard centre - coaches continue to play him there. Bennett obviously sees what most of us see...

.... he ain't a centres arse crack. Worse defender in the comp and rarely gets over the stripe.

AJB1102

First Grade
NRL app just sent through a notification to say Dane Gagai wants out of Souths as he is not happy being moved to the wing since Roberts’ signing.

He plays 3 good games a year and none of them in club colours. Who the f**k does he think he is being anything but thankful someone gives a first grade spot long enough for him to get picked for QLD?