What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Wb1234

Referee
Not a fan of it (Townsend) but it might help Sam Walker

roosters dont have the patience but Walker has the potential to be a top nrl half back

Not a fan of it (Townsend) but it might help Sam Walker

roosters dont have the patience but Walker has the potential to be a top nrl half back

In relation to Walker, the Roosters have been patient with him. It was injuries that saw him get brought into first grade before he was ready. It's also why he went back to NSW Cup for a stint last year. Trent Robinson is no fool. He's using the model he showed with the development of Latrell Mitchell and Joey Manu when the first burst onto the scene - not being afraid to send them back to the lower grades to work on things when required. But I digress....

borisdog

Juniors
The Chad needs to go to a club that sees his true worth....but I'm not sure he'll be keen to leave the Cows money for reserve grade
Well, the Cowboys have just seen his true worth. ;)

His kicking is incredibly one dimensional and he's a defensive liability, in a side that has plenty of them, and most of them are younger and bigger.

Jake Clifford is a way better option for the future as a half. I was amazed they got rid of him the first time. And even more amazed he decided to come back, but it seems we now know why.

Bazal

Post Whore
This always comes up whenever there's a coaching change after a decent name signs elsewhere. And yeah it must be a tough spot to be convinced to leave your current job by another coach, then have them get sacked and not know who TF the new bloke is gonna be. But more often than not it's just to sell papers...although it's also true that we've handled the whole coaching thing hilariously badly and it'd be understandable if that caused a new signing some doubts

Munky

Coach
Irrelevant.

Everyone who signs for Parramatta immediately becomes bald

Lomax at the end of 2025.

Angry Austin Butler GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Someone2

Juniors
Apparently you get 6months to backflip instead of the 10day cooling off period if you sign with Parramatta

more chance of Luai back flipping on the 3time spooners than Lomax back flipping on eels

Apparently you get 6months to backflip instead of the 10day cooling off period if you sign with Parramatta

more chance of Luai back flipping on the 3time spooners than Lomax back flipping on eels

Whoever was advising Lomax should be sacked.. 850k to be a winger.. thankyou I'll take that.. and he carrys on and goes elsewhere for 650k.. good chance he'll be a 650k winger instead of a 850k winger.

nick87

Coach
I cant help but the Roosters "war chest" is being exploited by player managers right now
Fifita... yeah i can get that, i can see why they'd want to get in on that race.

But the other blokes they've been linked to and now with Townsend? Na i dont buy that. Why would they want him?
I mean Davy Armstrong went from having a deal on the table for the roosters and 2 weeks later was going to the ESL... please. If the roosters really wanted him he wouldnt be going to the ESL once he realised he was behind Sharpe.

Player managers are leveraging this roosters cap space and getting dudes some good scratch.
I could very easily be wrong, maybe they love Townsend and will sign him and pay him good money to be a back up... but i'll need to see them announce the signing before i buy it.

yobbo84

Coach
I cant help but the Roosters "war chest" is being exploited by player managers right now
Fifita... yeah i can get that, i can see why they'd want to get in on that race.

But the other blokes they've been linked to and now with Townsend? Na i dont buy that. Why would they want him?
I mean Davy Armstrong went from having a deal on the table for the roosters and 2 weeks later was going to the ESL... please. If the roosters really wanted him he wouldnt be going to the ESL once he realised he was behind Sharpe.

Player managers are leveraging this roosters cap space and getting dudes some good scratch.
I could very easily be wrong, maybe they love Townsend and will sign him and pay him good money to be a back up... but i'll need to see them announce the signing before i buy it.
It's already been announced