What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHCP

Bench
Matulino is a fantastic player, doesn't get the accolades he deserves imo.

Packer isn't half bad either.

I'd love to be able to pick up Locke as our second string winger and backup fullback till Darius is on his way, but I doubt he'd go anywhere to play reggies.

Matulino is already a gun. Arguably the best front rower in the world but George Burgess will soon have that mantle. We cannot afford him. He will be hunted by clubs with plenty of cash. Noone takes precedent over Gags, Joey, or Mullo for me right now. Those three are players we need to lock down and fast cos we have a centre pairing that is the best in the game by plenty. Add the evolution of Tyrone to that and the fact clubs will be watching closely it becomes apparent we have a lot of work to do to make sure we secure our spine. Clydesdale is also part of that in time but we have him under lock and key. Ironically Cameron King has been released to the Cowboys I am hearing.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
He's already a gun but he still drifts in and out of a season like the rest of the Warriors players. He'd be a much better player under Bennett. That team has serious mental application issues IMO. Anyway it's all moot really as we'd 99% never get him but just throwing it out there.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Matulino is already a gun. Arguably the best front rower in the world but George Burgess will soon have that mantle. We cannot afford him. He will be hunted by clubs with plenty of cash. Noone takes precedent over Gags, Joey, or Mullo for me right now. Those three are players we need to lock down and fast cos we have a centre pairing that is the best in the game by plenty. Add the evolution of Tyrone to that and the fact clubs will be watching closely it becomes apparent we have a lot of work to do to make sure we secure our spine. Clydesdale is also part of that in time but we have him under lock and key. Ironically Cameron King has been released to the Cowboys I am hearing.
We have Bedsy and a few others leaving don't we ? we should have some money for a big bopper or 2 , hopefully Simms will step up and fill the void. Anyone have some thoughts on Simms ? I thought he was going to be our next pack leader , the next big thing, but he doesnt seem to get a look in at first grade where as guys like the young Burgess twins are around the same age and killing it in first grade. Is it that Simms isnt living up to the hype or am I wrong and he's much younger than the Burgess boys? Whats the story with Simms ?

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Sims had some good games in the top grade, but like a lot of young forwards, they need to go back to reserves and get themselves physically right so they can handle the week-to-week grind in the NRL. He's still only 21, so we don't need to rush him in.

It will be good if he and Toka have good pre-seasons next year and are in or amongst FG, though.

Last edited:
I know we are basically done for our 2014 squad but do we have any money left? The reason I ask is because of the rumours surrounding Locke, Packer and Matulino at the Warriors. I know rumours are just rumours but I would take Matulino in a second (don't really care about the other two). He would be an absolute gun under Bennett.

We should make a play for Matulino and Packer and Backend their contracts. Snowden, Matulino, Packer and LikiLiki would be monstrous over over the next 6-8 years.

Nuffy

Bench
Lets get Mullen, Gagai and Joey tied up on long term deals before we get excited about anyone else.

We have to break the 2015 Bennett nexus, there is a lot of our young guys off contract and if Bennett takes on another coaching position, then I can see the possibility of them following him.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Noticed that Cam King has been released to the Cowboys. The shit fight that the Dragons put up to keep him when Wayne went sniffing around seems to have been all for nothing

Silent Knight

First Grade
Lets get Mullen, Gagai and Joey tied up on long term deals before we get excited about anyone else.

We have to break the 2015 Bennett nexus, there is a lot of our young guys off contract and if Bennett takes on another coaching position, then I can see the possibility of them following him.

Just a gut feeling but I don't think Wayne will take on another coaching position after he's finished with us. He will retire.

Noticed that Cam King has been released to the Cowboys. The shit fight that the Dragons put up to keep him when Wayne went sniffing around seems to have been all for nothing

I had a chuckle over that myself, since as they would have paid overs I wonder how much of his contract the Drag's are covering over the next 2 years at the cows?

Knight Vision

First Grade

This

Nuffy

Bench
I don't think he will be extending, unless Tinks has another massive windfall and proceeds to pay him twice as much.

I would suggest he is most likely going to be a coaching director at the Bronco's.

Its critical that Mids locks down as many younger players as possible because they just might decide to follow him.

The good thing is that most players who come here aren't too anxious to leave and I believe that Gagai has moved his mum and dad down to Newcastle so thats a good sign.

It is critical that we start extending some contracts well ahead of time.

aqua_duck

Coach
Would be a typical Bennett signing, talented guy who probably needs someone like Bennett is unlock all his potential. Would add much needed size to our pack and is quite experience for a prop his age

Rod

Bench
Wow didn't realise he was only 23. Absolutely no problem with the signing if it eventuates. Talented guy who just needs a kick up the backside. As long as Wayne gets the whip out in the pre-season and gets rid of that gut he'll be away. As I've said before 75% of that teams issues stem from mental weakness, most of their players could be anything when they're switched on and actually care.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
And from all reports Packer is the ring leader of the bad attitude club. He definitely has talent and needs a change of scenery. Has high potential, but will definitely not reach it at the Warriors.

Just be sure to have a medical done on him first. There's a question mark over whether his constant injuries will ever come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts