What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
I'd have him switch on and off with Gids who if needed can play a full game in the 9. Means Wayne can play him 20, 30 or 40 minutes, whatever he needs out there to eases into the game because the last place I want to see Clydsdale play is NSW Cup.

IanG

Coach
Just listening to The Offload and they're talking to "The Mole" and he's suggested that both Anthony Quinn and Timana Tahu are set to resign. That flies in the face of what we heard on "The Late Mail" segment on The Game Plan where both Tahu and Hilder weren't going to be re-signed

Nuffy

Bench
I don't have a problem with a number of old heads in the NSW cup because the young blokes need some old pros to mentor them.

My concern is that the FG team has got a large number of old guys who will be a year older in 2014.

We are still short a dynamic back rower and organizing half.

We also have a large % of our cap tied up with Gids who isn't good enough to start in any of his preferred spots.

Tough decisions need to be made.

Nuffy

Bench
No chance that Boyd could play half, he doesn't have a kicking game, he's never been a playmaker and his involvement is poor.

It's one thing to inject yourself into a back line move periodically. It's another thing altogether to run a team around the paddock and making decisions every single attacking play.

Boyd might make a passable 5/8th, at a pinch but we've got a better one already.

His greatest contribution would be just to be more involved than he is now and doing everything at a million miles an hour.

That would help Mullen and Roberts immeasurably and create opportunities.

Burwood

Bench
Great signing! He isn't young (26 now) but still has a great career ahead of him. I hope he can get a 1st grade spot.

After that he can open a Gelato bar with a surname like that.

Realistically, will he be anything more than the 2014 version of Naiqama? Good bit of depth to have, but no chance of replacing Uate or McManus on the wings.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I read an article by The Lurker that Uncle Wayne has been speaking to Ferguson.
"Bennett offers to be Ferguson's knight in shining armour
Super coach Wayne Bennett has offered to help out troubled Canberra and Blues Origin star Blake Ferguson. The Knights coach rang Ferguson last week and spent 10 minutes with him on the telephone. Their conversation was absolutely nothing about rugby league but more about Ferguson's many off-field issues. Bennett offered to meet him in person. This won't be difficult because Ferguson is regularly in Newcastle at a tattoo shop with his mate Todd Carney. Judging by Ferguson's recent antics, the sooner he and Bennett get together, the better."

Rod

Bench
What about Fergusons actions recently would make people think he's not a pea-heart? Completely dudded his club, fans and teammates.

Considering he got sacked by the Raiders I don't think he should be playing anywhere in 2014, if the NRL had any balls they'd put a stop to all this rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts