What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current debt free status and the fact we have a very strong business background on our board makes us a more stable proposition as well. Titans are leagues ahead of us in the basket case stakes. This is their third go at this.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Unfortunately the NRL sees the Knights as too important to lose regardless of how bad things may get; we'll probably be one of the last clubs standing if they were all ticked off one by one. Where as the Titans have been a mess seemingly since day one and I don't seen them hanging around long enough to build a premiership caliber side.

Swarzey

Bench
Seems to be the word about. Fair chance too considering today was the only day he had off to finalise and sign a deal. Really hoping it's true.

Swarzey

Bench
Yep. Perfect example of why I've wanted this club to chase him. What he may lack in the stability of Hodkinson, he makes up in raw creativity.

Whats Doing

Bench
The Gold Coast Bulletin are reporting that the Titans have formally tabled a 2 year $800,000 offer for Hodko or $400k per season.

I would suggest they were living on a prayer with the DCE deal and he saw they could not come up with the funds. A big difference between 1.2 mill and 400 k. Titans are woeful at controlling spending.

Nuffy

Bench
Telegraph in Sydney is saying that the GCT have offered him 800k per season for two seasons putting them in front of us.

Burwood

Bench
I think our offer will be something along the lines of $2.1m-$2.2m over three years. If the Titans aren't willing to sign him up to a three-year contract then it should put us slightly in front when it comes to getting his signature, even if we are offering less per season overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.