What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex28

Coach
Jono - I think it is more that the owners of the Lambo and Ferrari have paid overs for their vehicles, where we are probably paying RRP for our "Camry".

(Except I think we are already paying well overs for our Camry next year, where we can buy ourselves a BMW M3 for about market value...)

Alex28

Coach
Alex you keep talking about how there's no one else on the market but the fact is that a couple of months ago there were. Look at how Ricky Stuart chased Sezer. That is the type of forward planning I would like to see from the club.

Hodkinson is the red-headed stepchild of the halves that were off-contract this year.

Mate - you lost me at 'a couple of months ago'...

We have decided to pull our fingers out way too late. We are stuck in the shitty situation chasing the options that we have in front of us. If we are happy to run last next year in order to build for 2017 - great. That isn't really the message we are telling the board...

I think the fact that Hodko is playing Origin out of loyalty from Daley over form has done us no favours in negotiations. Had he missed Origin I have little doubt we would have him signed by now. Josh Reynolds ironically could claim better form. Mitch Pearce has probably proven he is a 6 in reality. He seems far more suited at second receiver as we all know he is a superb ball runner as opposed to playmaker. I would call his move to 6 a stroke of genius from Daley as the heat is off.

Last edited:
Fair analogy as Camry's are super reliable. Never break down unless the owner is a total f###wit. Oh that is a Newcastle Knights analogy! Next.......

aqua_duck

Coach
Trent Hodkinson is a bloke who the dogs had on modest money and had lots of pieces around him yet still couldn't ever rise to a top level halfback, yet we think that paying him stupid money and having half as many pieces around him as a result will somehow yield us better results? Or are we just trying to finish a few spots better than 14th-16th?

Nuffy

Bench
I'm not sure we are going to sign the bloke, Foxsports are reporting that the Titans have offered more.

I'd be happy with the bloke on reasonable money but not at all costs because he's not a break the bank for type of player.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not sure we are going to sign the bloke, Foxsports are reporting that the Titans have offered more.

I'd be happy with the bloke on reasonable money but not at all costs because he's not a break the bank for type of player.

Agreed 100%, and for me I'd rather the club show me that they're going to be more sensible managing the club so we don't have situations where guys like Tyrone are on $400k

Swarzey

Bench
Wonder if Midley still has Myler's manager in his contacts list?

Probably not. We'll end up with Sandow. FMD

aqua_duck

Coach
Would rather keep Roberts than sign that drop kick. Just the thought of him playing for the club is disgusting. f**king oxygen thief.

This, bloke is average at best but even if he was a superstar I still doubt I could bare the sight of him in a knights jersey

Spot On

Coach
When playing firsts, he'd have a couple good games a year. Had one against us a couple seasons back. It's rare though. You'd never entertain the thought of paying money for him and handing him a first grade gig.

aqua_duck

Coach
When playing firsts, he'd have a couple good games a year. Had one against us a couple seasons back. It's rare though. You'd never entertain the thought of paying money for him and handing him a first grade gig.

Everyone has good games against us

Zoidberg

First Grade
I agree, just thought I'd let some people know it could be worse than Hoko (whom I do hope we get).

According to fairfax media Hodko is leaning towards signing with us now. It is said around certain circles he has issues about the stability of the Titan's culture and their loss of big name players has not helped their cause. We will see. Sounds like paper vs paper to me. One runs one angle and the other the exact opposite. However influential senior officials (Quayle?) have stepped in and sold the club to him according to the SMH.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Titans unstable? We wrote the book on being unstable. The one thing we have in our favour there is that the players seem to like it here at the very least.

Alex28

Coach
Gold Coast - not only in League - is a basket case and no team up there will ever win a premiership. There are far too many distractions away from the game to allow an entire team to remain committed to the cause.

If he wants to play finals footy - we are a much better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.