What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarzey

Bench
So we're apparently offering less than $400k but it's a longer contract. f**k Tyrone off and match the Titans money with the extra season. Falls through and we've moved Tyrone on? Hit up Myler.

PhilGould

Bench
I doubt we'd even be in contention if we were only offering $400k per season. Titans are offering double that. Could be a backloaded contract where we pay $400k next year and then more in the years after that.

Johns Magic

Referee
That article is a bit ambiguous about whether its 400K a year or 800K a year.

The way it is worded sounds like 400K, but $800,000 a season sounds more in line with the desperate sort of bids you would expect clubs to be making at this stage. 400K sounds way too low.

He is on 500K this season with the Dogs according to that article. He has since become the incumbent NSW halfback and two desperate clubs are offering him 400K ?

Whats Doing

Bench
Ash Taylor now available.

I've never seen him play but big wraps.

I have seen Ash Taylor play a few times and each time he has been a star. He is fairly big for a half and has speed to burn and a very good kicking game.

He has the skill set to become a star and would jump at the chance to play NRL as he will be blocked by Hunt and Milford for quite a few years.

Certainly worth a punt.

macavity

Referee
I have seen Ash Taylor play a few times and each time he has been a star. He is fairly big for a half and has speed to burn and a very good kicking game.

He has the skill set to become a star and would jump at the chance to play NRL as he will be blocked by Hunt and Milford for quite a few years.

Certainly worth a punt.

Would be an awesome pick up - surely no reason we can't get both if we can find Tyrone another home, and with Mullo being made of glass these days we can't have too many halves.

I reckon we get Hokko and he ends up at the Tits... and they get the better of it. Elgey and Taylor would be an awesome young halves pairing (although requiring a few years to mature).

Last I read we offered Hodko $30,000 less than what he was looking for but on 3 years instead of the GC 2. GC were to go to 3 years.
No way I'd be paying him $500,000 a year or even close to it.
You don't know what to believe at present except that both us and GC are in the mix.

I like the idea of Myler but seems to be no mention of whether he has been approached or has even expressed an interest.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Have you not been watching Marshall this season? I'm no Marshall fan but he's much better than Hodkinson, as is Mitchell Pearce. So by my count that makes him the 9th best halfback in the NRL.

Watching Marshall tonight?

Give me Hokko over him any day

Swarzey

Bench
They're better off with Roberts than Hodkinson and I'm not saying that because I'd rather have Hodkinson here. Roberts has been expected to play as a halfback when clearly he's a five-eight which we already have. Elgey is a fine halfback, so similar to Hodkinson in the way he plays and like us with two five-eights, two halfbacks isn't going to work.

Roberts has been pretty f**king shit except for the few times I can count on one hand but maybe he'll find his place supporting a proper halfback. He has a nice running and passing game.

Alex28

Coach
I am wondering whether Titans have a sense of the future and are baiting the hook for us somewhat.

I think they are preparing for the inevitable, but also Roberts to the Titans is like an internal NRL-owned club transfer and it is doing the right thing for the clubs as well as Tyrone. Everybody wins!

I've read a few things today suggesting he has made up his mind and it is us...

We can build from Hodkinson if he signs. It is where we failed up until Wayne arrived. bottom line is we will potentially sign the NSW halfback and that is a huge step forward. Even if it fails we still went out and showed great intent for once.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, it is a good sign from the club imo. Aside from Boyd, when was the last time the club went and signed a spine player? I honestly can't remember one since we got Steve Walters and even then he had one foot in the retirement home

Status
Not open for further replies.