What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I think we're already nicely stocked in the backrow next year.

Scott, Tariq, Jez, Tapine and I reckon Fitzgibbon looks the goods for see some FG next year. I also think Korbin's best position is at lock, too.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Vuna and Edwards maybe?

Won't be Edwards, he's not off contract until 2015.

Frankly, is there anyone we lost that we want back.

Might be Zeb, could be Nev hope it's not Marvin Filipo.

As for Vuna, loved the bloke but do we need another outside back.

We need props, props and some props.

Noname36

First Grade
Totally forgot about him, wouldn't mind him on say $120k a year

If he's dropped the Team Mundine crap, absolutely. The more I think about it the more I think it'd be Pato. He's never seemed too happy anywhere else, and he's off contract this year I think.

Re Vuna: I could be wrong but I think he chose to go to Union well before Bennett came in didn't he? If that's the case he doesn't really fit the description. Could be Sau, Pete or one of the Naiqamas...but honestly we be absolutely nuts to sign any of them with the amount of outside backs we have.

Spot On

Coach
Won't be Edwards, he's not off contract until 2015.

Frankly, is there anyone we lost that we want back.

Might be Zeb, could be Nev hope it's not Marvin Filipo.

As for Vuna, loved the bloke but do we need another outside back.

We need props, props and some props.

The Fox Sports News has been running with the Stone story saying he is going shopping for props. Hallelujah!!!!

voltron

Juniors
Stone talked about Mason, Faalongo and Houston
He kind of indicated we wont be able to keep all three
but the way he talked it seemed we had other priorities to keep first anyway

aqua_duck

Coach
The Fox Sports News has been running with the Stone story saying he is going shopping for props. Hallelujah!!!!

Of the props off contract I'd go after:
Lloyd Perrett
Martin Kennedy (not off contract but unwanted)
Francis Molo
Jake Trbojevic
James Hasson
Sosaia Vave
Jo Ofahengaue
Dunamis Lui
Mitchell Dodds
Sam Anderson

In that particular order
There's no real big names on the market but all those guys are quite young and won't cost too much.
I'd personally offer Perrett a contract he couldn't refuse, say $220k a year (front loaded) and a chance to be a permanent 1st grader

Marty Kennedy has had a shit year up North but that doesn't mean he is a badplayer. Clearly he has not adjusted or is overwhelmed. I get he would be a risk signing but if his price was right I would be all for it. The fact remains he is massive unit and has shown in the past that he can be a very good yard maker. The ESL is full of big props like Mike Cooper who just want a go here. Cooper wasn't even in the 17 for Warrington and has been excellent for St George.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I hope we don't use all our money on a bunch of average props when there's much more quality off contract next year. I'd try and make one quality purchase, keep Fa'alogo for depth, let Mason and Houston go, give some kids a go next year to see who's up to it, then when we know what we need go crazy for 2016.

JENKO7

Juniors
I hope we don't use all our money on a bunch of average props when there's much more quality off contract next year. I'd try and make one quality purchase, keep Fa'alogo for depth, let Mason and Houston go, give some kids a go next year to see who's up to it, then when we know what we need go crazy for 2016.

Agree,

red and blue

Juniors
Dose anyone think that the forward that is looking to comeback to newcastle might be Corey Patterson? I'm pretty sure he is of contract at the tigers don't say we need him or want him.

Nuffy

Bench
Dose anyone think that the forward that is looking to comeback to newcastle might be Corey Patterson? I'm pretty sure he is of contract at the tigers don't say we need him or want him.

Agree it's likely Pato, only realistic one.

Not sure we need him but wouldn't see him as anything other than injury cover.

I'd be chasing Kennedy as he was on track with the rorters and the broncos will pay us to take him.

I'd also be chasing Kasiano, we need some size. He would be inexpensive as he's out of favour.

Spot On

Coach
Agree it's likely Pato, only realistic one.

Not sure we need him but wouldn't see him as anything other than injury cover.

I'd be chasing Kennedy as he was on track with the rorters and the broncos will pay us to take him.

I'd also be chasing Kasiano, we need some size. He would be inexpensive as he's out of favour.

I personally cannot see any point in signing Patterson. If the rumour about a former forward being brought back to the club is to be true and we need props, then Tets would be the likely target. I don't think he deserves another shot though. He farked up royally.

Sad thing is I thought the silly bastard was just starting to show some good signs before he went derp. Thoughts???

Last edited:

red and blue

Juniors
I agree I don't think we need Patterson either maybe it's wicks he's looking for a club though he never left because Bennett arrived. Tets did stuff up but maybe if given another chance he wouldn't waste it this time.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Good Lord. Even though we need props I'd prefer Paterson over that dickhead Tetavano. I've got absolutely no time for anyone that would assault a woman and I'd seriously have to question my support of the club if we brought him back.

Alex28

Coach
I can't think of a player that has left over the last few years that we would want back.

I see no point in Pato coming back. We don't need him. We need to look forward, not back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts