What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wato

Juniors
Sam Mattora has been playing well in NSW cup in the games I have seen and as others have said Vai Vai is a good prospect as well. If Sone gets the job I expect he will look to some of the younger guys. Bit random but what ever happened to Sione Tovo? He looked good in his debut against the storm and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

aqua_duck

Coach
If we can't fill one spot between Vai Vai, Mataora, Taylor, Togatasi and Pakau then we might as well get rid our entire lower grade development structure

Stone, or the next coach, IMO has nothing to lose with the young kids. Go from an ageing roster to a very young potential filled one with the correct senior players in place as the support structure. these kids will run other sides ragged. If we had a side full of top junior talent the crowds will return. In fact I think they would go through the roof like the old days. beau Scott said it himself. He is excited about the young talent. He does not offer throw away lines.

Swarzey

Bench
I'd probably rotate Tapine every second week until he becomes adjusted to the standard of the NRL. Would probably do the same with Taylor. Can't rush quality talent, just ensure them they have a future in the first grade squad. Give guys like Vai Vai and Mataora an opportunity.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'd probably rotate Tapine every second week until he becomes adjusted to the standard of the NRL. Would probably do the same with Taylor. Can't rush quality talent, just ensure them they have a future in the first grade squad. Give guys like Vai Vai and Mataora an opportunity.

That's what they've done with Tapine this year, he's only played a hand full of games and had limited game time, next year he should be ready for a full time bench spot, he's a mature player, he's 21 next year, was playing against grown men in Bartercard cup as a 17 year old and played abit of NSW cup last year too, give him a full pre season and I think he can make that bench spot own

So at the moment, we're looking at
8. Snowden
9. Clydsdale
10. Sims
11. Sims
12. Scott
13. Smith
14. Rochow

So we probably have three holes to fill either by resigning those guys, bringing up other youngsters or signings.

I would be tempted to blood Vai Vai, Tapine, and that kid from the Warriors we bought from the 20s on that bench. Hopefully Gids will be in England. 500k for a 33 yr old utility. no thanks.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I haven't been all that impressed with James Taylor since he's come here, to be honest. I was excited we signed him after watching him play for the Warriors so I hope to see or hear some big games from him soon. For the moment Yates and Togiatasi have impressed me in NYC a lot more, to be honest.

Mataora and Vaivai are going really well in NSW Cup, I've heard. I reckon one or both of them will play plenty of firsts next year.

Pakau has been battling with a knee injury a lot of this year, but hopefully he's back soon or gets a good pre-season under his belt for next year at least. He was our best prop in NYC last year and I thought he was in for a bigger year this year as he's looking a lot bigger. Just struggled to stay on the field.

aqua_duck

Coach
Pakau looked really impressive early on in the season in NYC, had some bad luck with injuries since. Togatasi though has really come on strong as the year has gone on, reminds me of Faas minus the handling errors

Swarzey

Bench
Him and Fitzgibbon were monsters out there. Vai Vai has been quality too in NSW Cup.

We've got the depth for a pretty powerful bench rotation.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also how good were Cogger and lamb in the halves, both only 17. I personally rate Cogger as good a prospect as Jackson Hastings

aqua_duck

Coach
I hope the club sees enough in guys like Fitzgibbon, Togatasi, Vai Vai, Mataora, etc to not give Willie an extension out of desperation

Burwood

Bench
I'm keen to see Willie not get offered a new contract purely to see if any other club would pick him up. He always talks about the various options he had/has available, but I just don't believe it.

Swarzey

Bench
Apparently two players who left when Bennett arrived have expressed interest in returning to the club. One forward and one back. One is currently in negotiations. That's all there is to say right now; no names or exactly where they're currently at.

Spot On

Coach
I'm keen to see Willie not get offered a new contract purely to see if any other club would pick him up. He always talks about the various options he had/has available, but I just don't believe it.

I agree.

He does have his moments though. No hiding his age now. He's saying he has two more years left. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts