What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
I think it's pretty obvious Bennett feels responsible for bringing Packer over here where he's ended up in jail.

If the Broncos sign him (and Boyd) - after already signing Milford - and don't lose anyone though, surely something isn't right. They're already in cap strife as it is.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think it's pretty obvious Bennett feels responsible for bringing Packer over here where he's ended up in jail.

If the Broncos sign him (and Boyd) - after already signing Milford - and don't lose anyone though, surely something isn't right. They're already in cap strife as it is.
Can't see us signing Boyd. If we sign Packer I can't see us keeping Hannant, and I can see Hoffman leaving as well.

Nuffy

Bench
Weidler is reporting in today's SMH that Bennett is moving on Hannant next year. Not sure of the accuracy of this.

If it's true then we should move on this quickly as we could do with his quality.

Knight Vision

First Grade
So the Knights get screwed over. IF and it's a big if, Packer is allowed to play again then we should get first crack and it should be up to us to say yes or no.

That said, I wonder whether he will fail the residency test due to the jail term and get deported.
Apparently we arent even interested in signing him. Amazing. :crazy: for all everyone might say about the bloke we need a couple of forwards like him , a couple of big mongrels that strike fear into the opposition pack and allow our backline to shine.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...acker-on-his-way/story-fnp0lyn4-1227043003229

Knight Vision

First Grade
In all honesty he stomped on a blokes head in front of his mrs after flogging him.

Are we really that hard up, really?

I'm not concerned about the blokes private life, he can be f**king the next door neighbors goat for all I care. I'm interested in football. It seems there are a lot of holier than thou internet warriors who condemn players for stuff when really they are just a cross section of society ( and some of society is f**ked up ) In the case of Packer he will have done his time for his crime. When he comes out the slate is clean.

Swarzey

Bench
I'm interested in football.

And this is where the problem lies.

This is more than just football. Packer quite simply doesn't deserve to play in the NRL and for us to sign him again would just shit on the club's image. A merkin like Packer should be banned and it seems he rightfully will.

tbh, if all you care about is results on the field and football itself, f**k off and support someone else. This club shouldn't be concerned with it's on field results just yet and signing someone like Packer doesn't help what it should be doing.

Knight Vision

First Grade
And this is where the problem lies.

This is more than just football. Packer quite simply doesn't deserve to play in the NRL and for us to sign him again would just shit on the club's image. A merkin like Packer should be banned and it seems he rightfully will.

tbh, if all you care about is results on the field and football itself, f**k off and support someone else. This club shouldn't be concerned with it's on field results just yet and signing someone like Packer doesn't help what it should be doing.
suck my balls you grub. I've got better things to do than worry about someones private life. And as I've already said by the time Packer comes out he has served his punishment. So how about you f**k off

Noname36

First Grade
I see Knights Vision is in fine form again :roll:

Seriously, we're not that desperate for props that we need to re-sign Packer. In fact I'll be very disappointed in the club if they try to re-sign him or Tetavano. Tets in particular. I'm all for giving blokes second chances but repeatedly bashing a woman is just inexcusable and I don't want that crap anywhere near the club.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The reputation of the sport, competition and the club must come first KV. Im astounded that you dont seem to put much value on that. In a sporting market where we compete with AFL, Union and Soccer we simply cant afford to look like we throw our values out the door so easily. Attracting families to the sport is key at all levels and signing up a convicted, violent offender is directly contrary to that end.

Serving time in gaol is only the start of what this will cost the bloke and rightly so. Sure it could be painted as a redemption story but I simply cannot see the world believing that angle, I sure as hell wouldn't

Knight Vision

First Grade
The reputation of the sport, competition and the club must come first KV. Im astounded that you dont seem to put much value on that. In a sporting market where we compete with AFL, Union and Soccer we simply cant afford to look like we throw our values out the door so easily. Attracting families to the sport is key at all levels and signing up a convicted, violent offender is directly contrary to that end.

Serving time in gaol is only the start of what this will cost the bloke and rightly so. Sure it could be painted as a redemption story but I simply cannot see the world believing that angle, I sure as hell wouldn't
I totally understand that view point but once someone serves time/ punishment they deserve another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.