What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burwood

Bench
Just read that Bennett has confirmed that waddell is off to broncos next year...... Not sure if this is good or bad..... Hopefully this means clysdale will go 80mins at hooker and free up a bench spot

Confirmation of the player exodus Mason referred to? :sarcasm:

PhilGould

Bench
Redman, Levi or Randell. We're pretty well stocked when it comes to hookers.
I'd go with Randell off the bench next year because of his utility value, but I hope Levi gets a run sometime next year, looks like he's going to be a really good player.

Noname36

First Grade
Hopefully Clydesdale can move up to being an 80 minute hooker next year like he was in the juniors. With our forward pack not the greatest as it is being able to carry 4 forwards on the bench instead of 3 and an extra hooker would help a lot.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Waddle was clearly playing for a contract. He'll be playing at the Dolphins or Devils next year unless McCullough gets injured

Whats Doing

Bench
A big no to Buchanan - very average and real reserve grader.

Not sure why Waddle will go to Broncs to play second fiddle to McCulloch. He had more of a chance to play first grade with the Knights. Started to really develop and sorry to see going.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Waddle was clearly playing for a contract. He'll be playing at the Dolphins or Devils next year unless McCullough gets injured

To be fair, Waddell has been playing for a contracts for a few years as he's never established himself as a first grader. The major issues with him is that he lacks the fundamentals. It appears of late that he's started to develop these.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Got a feeling Mataora will be going with Bennett. In Knights insider today Bennett was asked whether he was taking any players from here and he said a few youngster he brought to the club will go with him. He named on Waddell but with Matarora being only 23 it's my wild guess. Really hope
Not though. He and Vai Vai have been superb this year.

Hard to see a big off season personnel change unless Stone has his cards close to his chest. Sione, Chanel and Pat would appear to be the primary focus and that sits well for now.

Nuffy

Bench
Hard to see a big off season personnel change unless Stone has his cards close to his chest. Sione, Chanel and Pat would appear to be the primary focus and that sits well for now.

I know he's not keen on moving but I would throw the kitchen sink at Hannant and then make do with what we have.

He is a proven performer, still young, injury free and has the right work ethic for the kids.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I don't agree on Hannett merely because I just don't think he wants to go anywhere near NSW. I think he just wants to stay in QLD near family and fair enough. He was the same when he played down here for I think the Dogs? Last a year or two and then got cold feet and wanted the warmer weather again.

I'd love another signing but I think we are going to have to stick with what we have and then hope a couple lower graders can out in. Also possible mid year signings next year are possible.

slotmachine

First Grade
yeah, leaving some space in the cap for 2015 is smart for those mid season deals. you never know who is going to be out of favour.

Swarzey

Bench
While it would be nice to have that extra bit of muscle and be able to fully dominate other packs, I think we've got enough to remain competitive. 2015 should allow Korbin to seal the 10 jumper, guys like Vai Vai, Mataora and Tapine to show what they're capable of. We've done decent with lesser packs in the past. Hannant is someone I'd like to have at the club, however with a lot of quality props coming off contract at the end of 2015, I don't think he's worth throwing much at. If anything the cap we have should be used to secure players long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts