What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
If the rest of the team is working aku/chanel are catching the ball and falling over the line. Granted, that appears a difficult task for aku at the moment

Haffa

Aku and Houston have to be on the list of departures. They've offered nothing but plod for years.

voltron

Juniors
how much would you be happy to sign farah on?
and for how long?

I wouldn't want to give him a 3 year deal.
600-700K for 2 years?
and if there is a third then 1.1-1.2 mil for 3 years (if the cap goes up)
anything more and i would be pretty pissed.
but I'd be annoyed if it was 3 years

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
how much would you be happy to sign farah on?
and for how long?

I wouldn't want to give him a 3 year deal.
600-700K for 2 years?
and if there is a third then 1.1-1.2 mil for 3 years (if the cap goes up)
anything more and i would be pretty pissed.
but I'd be annoyed if it was 3 years

Tigers will be paying a good chunk for the next 2 years.

Joel-22

Juniors
Possible Newcastle Knights Ins & Outs 2016

Outs: David Fa'alogo (retired), Kurt Gidley (Warrington Wolves), Clint Newton (retired), Tyrone Roberts (Gold Coast Titans), Beau Scott (Parramatta Eels), Carlos Tuimavave (Hull FC)

Ins:Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2018), Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers, 2018), Aiden Tolman (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2018), Todd Lowrie (Brisbane Broncos, 2016), Mickey Paea (Hull FC, 2017)

That would be great recruitment.

PhilGould

Bench
I'd say we'll have to let a few more players go if we're going to sign Farah & Tolman. Does anyone know how much McManus is on?

harrywilliams

Juniors
Houston, Vaivai, Filipo, James Taylor should all be gone too with some other fringe players ie Elias. If McManus retires/goes to SL I can see us most definitely being able to afford both Tolman and Farah.

Burwood

Bench
Can't have Levi, Randell, Clydsdale and Farah. If Farah does sign up I'd be moving on Clydsdale and put Randell and Levi back in NSW cup to start the year.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Fully agree. I think Randell would be moved on before Clydsdale due to Clydsdale being a bit of a golden child at the club but if Farah comes he most definitely has to go or Randell. Levi has been so impressive in NSW Cup it's not even funny how good this kid is and he's still only 19, he has to be in the side next year, you can just see so clearly that he's the real deal.

Alex28

Coach
Telegraph is throwing around Carney's name for next year. Surely not. No room in the halves for him any way...

Even just talk about it couldn't be a bad thing for mullens game. He has had a free ride for 10 years a bit of pressure couldn't be a bad thing

Rod

Bench
Carney had a good run at fullback for the Roosters when he returned, we could throw him in there.

Swarzey

Bench
He's a carbon copy of Mullen just with a shit attitude off field. If they look at him to play fullback then I'm all for it; having someone who does have the ball playing skills at the back will be a big plus. But there's no need for him anywhere else.

If we land Farah and Carney I will happily take back every word I said about recruitment this year and cop Hagan for life. If Brown pulls that coup off I say LOL at Bennett.