What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Bench
Do we have the money to pay for an upgrade and who if any can we let go.
We according to those in the supposed know say we are Cap Max so if a top line spine player becomes available how do we pay.
We have signed players of late, Jenkins and Cogger for example with years to serve on contract but are not auto picks for firsts more likely back up for injuries, we could have signed a top line spine player, 6 or 7 instead

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Jesus christ. Do not sign Schuster. The amount of tears that flow in here about how lazy the Safs are and then people turn around and want Schuster. For any price it's a no.

Jesus christ. Do not sign Schuster. The amount of tears that flow in here about how lazy the Safs are and then people turn around and want Schuster. For any price it's a no.
you're probably right, Schuster would need a very strong culture, (even then a long shot) not a culture that accepts club leaders to put in half arsed efforts and still get named week after week as a reward. It would be a disaster.

macavity

Referee
Schuster on a two year min show me deal is a winner for mine.

He either works his butt off and becomes the player he can be or he plays reserve grade and we don’t lose much.

we need a difference maker in the halves and he has more talent than the rest of our halves combined. Just a matter of is our coaching team able to get it out of him.

Haffa

I don't think our system is capable of turning Schuster around. We'd need to find the right mentors to dig him out of whatever mental hole he is in. In saying that though if he really wants it all he needs is to escape Sydney and his family unit.

Woody90

Juniors
Signing Schuster means letting someone go, Gamble or Pryce, I’d keep Gamble love his attitude, Schuster is a “show me the money type” without putting in, Pryce has potential with a little bit of something.
Bottom line keep Gamble and chose between Shuster and Pryce which is a win/lose or lose/win situation

Pryce is still under contract for 2025. The potential decision is between Gamble and Schuster not Schuster and Pryce.

Last edited:
Do we have the money to pay for an upgrade and who if any can we let go.
We according to those in the supposed know say we are Cap Max so if a top line spine player becomes available how do we pay.
We have signed players of late, Jenkins and Cogger for example with years to serve on contract but are not auto picks for firsts more likely back up for injuries, we could have signed a top line spine player, 6 or 7 instead
You think we can can trade 2 backup players for 1 top line half? For what Coggs and Jenkins are on we wouldn't even be able to pay 50 % of what a good half would cost and we'd be out depth in both positions

Squad management isn't as black and white as you appear to think it is mate

Old dog

Bench
You think we can can trade 2 backup players for 1 top line half? For what Coggs and Jenkins are on we wouldn't even be able to pay 50 % of what a good half would cost and we'd be out depth in both positions

The point I was trying to make is that we are buying reserve grade players, if you take whatever Cogger signed on for and added Jenkins signing fee then we could afford to buy a player a notch or two above Cogger without signing Jenkins same could be said for Schiller.

The point I was trying to make is that we are buying reserve grade players, if you take whatever Cogger signed on for and added Jenkins signing fee then we could afford to buy a player a notch or two above Cogger without signing Jenkins same could be said for Schiller.
what it does illustrate is the clubs woeful record of developing players. Their should be a Newy kid coming through the system, bleeding red and blue, most likely on less coin and being groomed for first grade.

Knight Tales

Bench

If only.

Knight Tales

Bench
He has top line coordination and touch, and is a big body with speed. If he had his head screwed on he could be anything. Reminds me a lot of Latrell TBH.
You hear this a lot. The comparison. His highlight package is something to behold: There was a pass last year where he put Ben Turbo through a gap that was such genius you have to watch it a few times to conceive how difficult it is to create something like that from a regular line run. The gap was minimal.
And you then picture it with KPP and you
Cannot help but be excited by the weapon that could become. Whether it is realistic long term is another thing altogether. Hence the risk we will be taking. The Barry article was the pros and cons of his signing really. It sounds the chances it does happen are above average. Flanno will probably offer him ridiculous money.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
So Schuster is not going to play in the backrow or as a lock if we were to somehow sign him? I’d encourage Elliott to move down to Sydney with Millie before putting Schuster in the halves.

what people also should consider is he's only 23. Hasnt even filled out yet, and with his obvious weight issues already..... The kid might have good hands but he's a forward not a half

Apey

Staff member
He's quite talented but I don't think his laziness can be solved, especially not by us.

Woody90

Juniors
He has top line coordination and touch, and is a big body with speed. If he had his head screwed on he could be anything. Reminds me a lot of Latrell TBH.

I think he has some great physical attributes but I don’t think he’s a half. Would be better suited in the back row IMO.