What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’m hoping Sharpe stays on the wing with possibility to go to centre when Gags retires.
I would pass on Nicho but take Moses (even though I think he’s a whinger).
With the players we currently have I’m still keen to see how a Gamble/Pryce combo would go. We never got to see it this year.
I think it’s just a wait and see over the off season to see where players end up.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Problem is I don’t think Hynes is suited to being the non ball dominant half. He averages 108 running metres per game which is down from 148m last year, it’s just unheard of for a halfback to be taking on the line that much, for context Shaun Johnson has never averaged more than 83m per game in any season.
In state of origin 1 this year, he ran the ball a whopping 29 times which is an absolutely insane number for any player let alone a halfback.
I think he's a fullback. He looked good there in 2021 for the Storm.

Hughes got manufactured into a halfback from a fullback by Bellamy, but that doesn't mean every other coach can do it or every other player can do it.

Fullback to 5/8 would be easier.

perverse

Referee
I think he's a fullback. He looked good there in 2021 for the Storm.

Hughes got manufactured into a halfback from a fullback by Bellamy, but that doesn't mean every other coach can do it or every other player can do it.

Fullback to 5/8 would be easier.
This is what makes Bellamy so great. Everyone talks about how he's always got an amazing spine - but he makes those spines, too. And finds/manufactures all the pieces around them that they need to succeed. And finds a brand of football that makes them fire when they need to. He's the goat in my book.

I do think there's some reason to believe AOB is a decent developmental coach. We've seen quite a few blokes come through this year and very few made a fool of themselves. Most have given at least a decent account.

Honestly, I would like to see AOB produce a true first grader out of Will Pryce. The raw ingredients are there, and attitude doesn't seem to be an issue either. I feel like a good coach can make that kid a success. You never know who will make it and who won't at the end of the day, but I feel like there's a player in him.

Knight Tales

Bench
Will Pryce is a key factor for the off season. Arthur same. Our attack could look very different next season. The tempo game we played in NQ was a huge step up. In those trying and humid conditions. If KP can get faster and more efficient ball there is no ceiling to what he can do. Best player in the world. Proved it. NQ had nothing on him.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Hynes really available?? Would complement our spine to a tee!!

No pressure because Ponga is the main man and can leave the halfback duties to Gamble/Cogger. If we get him at a cut price rate, wow.
slotmachine just speculating I think. It’s unlikely the Sharks would sign him up for so long then try to punt him. I don’t think he’d be likely to leave unless he requested it.

Woody90

Juniors
slotmachine just speculating I think. It’s unlikely the Sharks would sign him up for so long then try to punt him. I don’t think he’d be likely to leave unless he requested it.

There were loose rumours a few months ago he wanted a release - something about poor facilities at the club or the fans or something. Completely unsubstantiated though.

I actually think Moses will ask for a release next year if they don’t hit the ground running under Ryles. He’s been very critical of the club and roster balance and staring down the barrel of a full rebuild when you’re 30 is a lot (basically what we’re all saying about Ponga but 4 years more). Could see him at the Dogs tbh.

Last edited:

Latest posts