What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

TooheysNew

Coach
Soooooooooo... Any news guys? Can someone from Newy or someone in the know update the rest of us who are drying up waiting for Klemmer and others to sign? It would be much appreciated!!
Update with what? There is no update.

Yosh

Coach
Stating what we already know, but I had a look over how Klemmer compares to our middle forwards. I added Glasby in too, but off the bench as that's where he's played the majority of games.
Of the 15 stats - Klem came in top 3 for us in 9.

View attachment 24793

Saifiti and Herman look pretty decent there. Mitch's attacking stats are pretty decent as well. Glasby doesn't look flattering at all...

Knight Vision

First Grade
Saifiti and Herman look pretty decent there. Mitch's attacking stats are pretty decent as well. Glasby doesn't look flattering at all...
I agree about Glasby but I did think the same about Guerra until I watched him closely after he joined us. Hopefully Glasby is the same. The stats may not show the true story.

Knight Vision

First Grade
looks like Parra cant table a decent offer to Hayne plane. I think 500 K a season would be about right for him. Plenty of baggage but an outright superstar when on song.

We are supposedly looking at Jennings with Parra picking up part of the tab. Would we rather Jennings for lets say 300 K - 350 K or Hayne for 500 K- 550K . ? I'd be seriously thinking about Hayne if I were Browny.

Hayne is good cover for wing, centre and FB. I- f theyre serious about Ponga to 5/8 Hayne could slot straight to FB and and Watson to the bench, and he could also play centre until Monga is fit and ready and push to the wing in place of Lee, Hayne gives us plenty of options and options are a good thing. .

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors

I actually got the opposite from that re: Glasby.

- More metres per run of everyone bar Klem and Dan.
- Second highest tackle efficiency of anyone bar Klem. (an asset greatly needed given our knack of letting opposition forwards run through the middle of us)
- Lowest in missed tackles
- Lowest in errors bar Herman

So what we're getting is a tough middle forward who won't make errors, won't miss tackles and will provide quality hit-ups.

Major upgrade on what we've had imo

A rotation of Klem, Dan (fit), Herman, Glasby is a really balanced rotation IMO.

Now just imagine if Jacob can produce what his brother has.

BLN2

Juniors
Rumours in NZ is that you fellas have picked up James Gavet. Has been up and down his whole career, decent bench prop. Not sure why the Warriors would cut him lose early, sort of like Lino, would be good to keep him in the squad. Hopefully we're clearing the decks for someone.

otori

Juniors
Apparently were one of three clubs that have expressed interest in Cook. Forward pack of Klemmer, Cook, Daifiti, Guerra, Fitz, Ese'Ese is pretty damn great.

Spot On

Coach
Rumours in NZ is that you fellas have picked up James Gavet. Has been up and down his whole career, decent bench prop. Not sure why the Warriors would cut him lose early, sort of like Lino, would be good to keep him in the squad. Hopefully we're clearing the decks for someone.

Gavet was fairly good this season wasn't he?

Yosh

Coach
Apparently were one of three clubs that have expressed interest in Cook. Forward pack of Klemmer, Cook, Daifiti, Guerra, Fitz, Ese'Ese is pretty damn great.

That would be just amazing... And our backs include Pearce, Ponga and the likes of Ramien and Watson as well. It's gonna feel weird supporting a team full of first graders and not just toilers...

Apatus

Juniors
Hayne isn't coming mate.

pretty sure it will be klemmer, outside back, reserve half, another forward

Maybe two outside backs?
Even adding Jennings, depth for backs is quite light unless sione is going to be considered at center again.

Two to be added to the below. One may be denniss if a better alternative isn't found

1 ponga
2 lee
3 ramien
4 moga/Ross/Jennings
5 skd

6 Watson/Lino
7 Pearce

8 klemmer
9 buhrer
10 glasby
11 fitzgibbon
12 Guerra
13 Herman

14 levi/woolford/griffin
15 dan saifiti/gavet/Jacob saifiti/pasami saulo/josh king
16 dan saifiti/gavet/Jacob saifiti/pasami saulo/josh king
17 sione/Barnett/stone/Brodie jones

slotmachine

First Grade
Even adding Jennings, depth for backs is quite light unless sione is going to be considered at center again.

They used six outside backs this year, Moga/Ross/Denniss/Sio/Sione/SKD

At the moment we have Moga, Ross, Lee, Ramien, SKD and trying to get Jennings which makes six. Plus Sione at a pinch if they are desperate.

Latest posts