What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
BJ is one of the biggest dickheads in the game. Just a total peanut. Seems to leave every club he’s at on bad terms which says a lot about him.

Ramien I have some level of sympathy for in that he’s a lot younger and seemed to have a few too many people in his ear. I think he became a bit confused about his own motivations when he was at the Knights. Firstly he signed to be closer to his daughter but then he left and came back to Sydney because the money wasn’t good enough. Also wasn’t it his dad or family members who were going around and talking to other clubs? So maybe Ramien was under some family pressure as well. Can’t say I like the guy too much after the way it played out but people often do things they later regret so maybe that’s the case for him. Whereas BJ just carries on being a peanut time and time again.

BJ or Ramien? Not a brain between the pair. I'd have to say I dislike Ramien more. At least BJ (whilst a total spud of a person) on his day, can do things others can't. A real game changer when he's on. Ramien, I don't rate as a person or as a player. Struggles to pass, has hands like feet and is really just a flat track bully. I don't think Ramien will ever reach any great heights during his career.

aqua_duck

Coach
If BJ Leilua had half a brain and wasn't an absolute merkin of a human being he'd be one of the first players picked for Australia that's how good he is at his best. Ramien in my opinion is very one dimensional, he can break tackles but has hands like feet and whilst he breaks alot of tackles very rarely does it result in line breaks or anything particular advantageous. I remember back in the day Dane Gagai used to break a lot of tackles but it was usually a result of him crabbing in field.

Silent Knight

First Grade
BJ or Ramien? Not a brain between the pair. I'd have to say I dislike Ramien more. At least BJ (whilst a total spud of a person) on his day, can do things others can't. A real game changer when he's on. Ramien, I don't rate as a person or as a player. Struggles to pass, has hands like feet and is really just a flat track bully. I don't think Ramien will ever reach any great heights during his career.

And yet he had the hide to demand marquee money from us when he hasn't even pulled on an Origin jersey yet.

We're getting better value from Best and Tuala at a fraction of the price.

Knight Vision

First Grade
And yet he had the hide to demand marquee money from us when he hasn't even pulled on an Origin jersey yet.

We're getting better value from Best and Tuala at a fraction of the price.
Best will be many more times the player Ramien would ever dream of being. Best is pure quality and class. You can just see he will go all the way in the game ....barring injury.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Anyone aware of Bradman’s deal? He is a definite keeper, and will get offers, but I hope he isn’t on the timeline currently with Watson and JSaf needing deals done imminently.

Herman also, but I’m fairly resigned to losing him, and wish him well if so.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Anyone aware of Bradman’s deal? He is a definite keeper, and will get offers, but I hope he isn’t on the timeline currently with Watson and JSaf needing deals done imminently.

Herman also, but I’m fairly resigned to losing him, and wish him well if so.
Off contract 2022. I think we're trying to extend him. Rarely I watch a player the first time and just know he's going to be a star. He's a must keep. Future superstar IMO.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Off contract 2022. I think we're trying to extend him. Rarely I watch a player the first time and just know he's going to be a star. He's a must keep. Future superstar IMO.
Agree wholeheartedly.

I have rarely seen a kid take to first grade like he has.

Probably an outrageous call given the comparison, and the difference in the game 30 years later, but he reminds me of what Fittler did when he first came on the scene.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Agree wholeheartedly.

I have rarely seen a kid take to first grade like he has.

Probably an outrageous call given the comparison, and the difference in the game 30 years later, but he reminds me of what Fittler did when he first came on the scene.
I dont think its too outrageous at all. He holds himself with the confidence of a 30 yr old alpha male. The kid is built like a brick shithouse and is a beach sprint champion. Runs like the wind.

Saw an interview with him and he wants to be a 1 club player. Loves the Knights.

Old dog

Juniors
Forget the controversially, push in the back, penalty try, penalty etc, if watch the replay watch how much Best gains on his man prior to shove, super fast, his build makes you think “big boy” but his speed is super, very deceptive

Yosh

Coach
I wish we saw Ponga on the left more because he was putting Fitzy into gaps every game. If Best could work a combo with Ponga, we're going to make a lot of sides nervous.

Apey

Staff member
A better question is Ramien vs Boyd. I enjoy watching both of them plod it up. Still, we got more out of Boyd than Ramien. Boyd is far ploddier.

Knight76

Juniors
I wish we saw Ponga on the left more because he was putting Fitzy into gaps every game. If Best could work a combo with Ponga, we're going to make a lot of sides nervous.

That was really only in his first season with us and teams learned that ploy and quickly covered for it, so Fitz tries dried up.

I think O'Brien is playing the long game with Ponga and getting him to rome around more and attack on the right and left more equally, which Ponga is not naturally a right side attacking player so is struggling a little.

Over time he will get better and we should see better involvement from him, more productive playmaking.

aqua_duck

Coach
A better question is Ramien vs Boyd. I enjoy watching both of them plod it up. Still, we got more out of Boyd than Ramien. Boyd is far ploddier.
I watched abit of the titans sharks game last week and Ramien's defence is not far off Darius, Beau Fermor on debut made 2 clean like breaks in as many minutes from a Ramien defensive misread then a feeble arm grab

PhilGould

Bench
Can't fault him for taking the money and moving back closer to home.

IMO he'll play his best footy in a team with strong leadership, and that isn't the Titans. Only a 2-year deal so not a huge risk but I wouldn't be surprised if he joins the long list of Titans signee's that fall off the face of the earth.

perverse

Referee
I don't believe we'll miss Herman much outside of injury crisis situations. He's a good carrier of the ball, good footwork, but he hasn't got those lapses of concentration/moments of laziness out of his game.