What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Loose Cannon

Bench
Wish him well.

Jacob clearly the priority offer from us though.

And whilst an unrelated circumstance, I was thinking this afternoon that Watson has opportunity to get a few extra dollars from negotiations if he does anything but look like an impotent slug over the coming weeks.

How we have missed the energy he brings!

Knight Vision

First Grade
Wish him well.

Jacob clearly the priority offer from us though.

And whilst an unrelated circumstance, I was thinking this afternoon that Watson has opportunity to get a few extra dollars from negotiations if he does anything but look like an impotent slug over the coming weeks.

How we have missed the energy he brings!
extra dollars ? isnt Watson already on 550K as a bench player?

Personally I view the 14 after a spine player in importance but I would not be wanting to pay much more ( if any more ) than we are already paying Watson.....

Keep in mind the average salary in the squad of 30 is around 330K, is Watson worth more than 550K? Would you be prepared to say lose Star Toa or another up and comer to keep Watson?

Loose Cannon

Bench
extra dollars ? isnt Watson already on 550K as a bench player?

Personally I view the 14 after a spine player in importance but I would not be wanting to pay much more ( if any more ) than we are already paying Watson.....

Keep in mind the average salary in the squad of 30 is around 330K, is Watson worth more than 550K? Would you be prepared to say lose Star Toa or another up and comer to keep Watson?
I didn’t mean that we should pay him more than he is currently on, whatever figure that is. I believe he will be offered less than the current deal, and he will never have better opportunity to show why he should not be downgraded so severely. If he has any positive influence on the game, it will be in stark contrast to what our two millionaires are doing.

Yes, he is a Utility (bench player), but he will get 60 most games if what seemed the original plans for him at 14 ever see the light of day.

Yosh

Coach
I didn’t mean that we should pay him more than he is currently on, whatever figure that is. I believe he will be offered less than the current deal, and he will never have better opportunity to show why he should not be downgraded so severely. If he has any positive influence on the game, it will be in stark contrast to what our two millionaires are doing.

Yes, he is a Utility (bench player), but he will get 60 most games if what seemed the original plans for him at 14 ever see the light of day.

Look how good Brandon Smith is for the Storm. Watson has been really missed the past month. I reckon we would have definitely beaten Para with him in the team. 550k seems reasonable but I wouldn't be upset with 600k.

Knight Vision

First Grade

Yeh I agree, he's a player that changes the tempo of the game when he comes on and could go on to be the games best utility. I think the 14 is worth more than average salary, particularly if he's a good one.

Spot On

Coach
We love to inflate the abilities of our players unfortunately and in the past that has lead to ridiculous overs for average footballers.

Watson struggles to string a few games together. He struggles to pass. Yes he is quick and yes the game under current rules should suit him because of his speed but there is no way he will be getting 550K plus. Surely?

Old dog

Juniors
Watson’s injuries is why I don’t want us paying more for him, ideally a bit less, realistically he is a 14.
His injuries I think are a result of his style of play, flat out with little or no technique. Too late for him to change so he is what he is, an enthusiastic player who can lift the tempo of a game but unlikely to secure a regular position.

mozza91

Coach
I think that we’ll see the value that he brings to the side this weekend. Our attack is better with him there.

But as mentioned no point paying good money for someone who is injury prone. He seems like the type of bloke who might stay for unders. He grew up supporting the club, isn’t too far from home and is in a committed relationship with a local (Ponga).

Spot On

Coach
I think most know what value he brings... but is that worth 550K or more?

If he was anything like Brandon Smith, as made by comparison in above post, you sign him up ASAP.

Yosh

Coach
Glad you're not managing our cap.

Watson will need to take a pay cut to stick around, he's on 5/8 money, not bench money. Plus he's always injured.

The injuries are a problem. Really.

These days I feel the spine includes the 14. On our team the 14 might be even more important than our 6 if it's Mann.

550k for an injury free Watson is fine with me. Since he is so injury prone, perhaps it is wiser to get him to sign for less.

Loose Cannon

Bench
These days I feel the spine includes the 14.
Couldn’t agree with this more. “14” is now (and will be even more so in the immediate future), a spine addition.

I think Lock forward will be considered “spine” in time, due to the coaching influence and selection of the 14 as a roving spine interchange. The Lock’s responsibilities are changing rapidly, basically a 9 who could fill in at 6, and opens new opportunities for these types of players.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Look how good Brandon Smith is for the Storm. Watson has been really missed the past month. I reckon we would have definitely beaten Para with him in the team. 550k seems reasonable but I wouldn't be upset with 600k.

Crazy talk. Giving rep money to a bloke who is still learning his trade is ridiculous. He is currently a jack of all trades, a master of none. I'd want to give that money to a bench utility if they were good enough to warrant starting at fullback, 5/8 or in the back row. Watson at this point in his career should be offered around the 400K mark. 600K and we are stuffing around our salary cap.

Yosh

Coach
Crazy talk. Giving rep money to a bloke who is still learning his trade is ridiculous. He is currently a jack of all trades, a master of none. I'd want to give that money to a bench utility if they were good enough to warrant starting at fullback, 5/8 or in the back row. Watson at this point in his career should be offered around the 400K mark. 600K and we are stuffing around our salary cap.

600k is rep money? I thought it was much more inflated already. Aren't the better (not quite rep) footballers all on 500k or there abouts?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Harawira Naera soon to be on the market, any interest in getting him here this year?
Better than the rest of our backrowers, if we could get him to stay for next year we likely have the best forward pack in the comp.

Knight Vision

First Grade
600k is rep money? I thought it was much more inflated already. Aren't the better (not quite rep) footballers all on 500k or there abouts?
330K is an average salary...someone on 600K is a star that ya gonna have to get rid of some potentials to keep.

If it come down to it would you lose Best to keep Watson on 600K ? Toa perhaps ? even paying 50K overs to every player adds up to 1.5 million in the cap

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Watson isn’t going to kill us, have Pearce and Ponga on a Mill plus surely doesn’t help, with klem and Frizz close to a mill as well.

Latest posts