What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Ok so who do you all replace Pearce with? If you think Pearce is the problem who are you swapping him out for? Who is our future??

Knight Vision

First Grade
Ok so who do you all replace Pearce with? If you think Pearce is the problem who are you swapping him out for? Who is our future??
At this stage I'd go for the 1 eyed chick with the cleft palate and clubfoot serving at the pub in Wallsend before Pearce.

Seriously though we could do no worse than give a rookie the 7 , that's how bad Pearce was. In halfback rankings he wasnt in the top 8 this year.

Loose Cannon

Bench
At this stage I'd go for the 1 eyed chick with the cleft palate and clubfoot serving at the pub in Wallsend before Pearce.

Seriously though we could do no worse than give a rookie the 7 , that's how bad Pearce was. In halfback rankings he wasnt in the top 8 this year.
And here I am failing to frequent Wallsend pubs.

My options are too limited. Much like a Pearce kicking game.

Spot On

Coach

Knight Vision

First Grade
Either way there's a hell of a big decision coming up.

Anywhere from 1 to 3 more years of Pearce and with both those possibilities a damn good 5/8 is needed or we can expect more of the same as this year.

Does anyone think we should be looking at Flanagan ? Would he be any worse than Pearce ?

Loose Cannon

Bench
Either way there's a hell of a big decision coming up.

Anywhere from 1 to 3 more years of Pearce and with both those possibilities a damn good 5/8 is needed or we can expect more of the same as this year.

Does anyone think we should be looking at Flanagan ? Would he be any worse than Pearce ?
All dependant on the Green rumours.

If Green is here to play next year then I would persist with Useless till his contract runs out. No extension regardless of result or price.

Let our kids play reserves (hopefully it goes ahead), and wishfully be ready 22.

If he gets a deal elsewhere next year, chip in to get him out, and blood Crossland/Hoy/Sasagi. They will learn from Blake what Pearce still doesn’t know.

Knight Vision

First Grade
They will learn from Blake what Pearce still doesn’t know
this is what amazes me about Pearce.

Not everyone is the most naturally gifted player in regards to short kicking game.......but over a decade and nearly 300 NRL games to practice and still nothing?

I've read stories about Joey, Thurston and Cronk about how they were relentless at training and putting in big overs to achieve what they did.......I do wonder if Pearce even has the desire to be better.....I think not.

All dependant on the Green rumours.

If Green is here to play next year then I would persist with Useless till his contract runs out. No extension regardless of result or price.

Let our kids play reserves (hopefully it goes ahead), and wishfully be ready 22.

If he gets a deal elsewhere next year, chip in to get him out, and blood Crossland/Hoy/Sasagi. They will learn from Blake what Pearce still doesn’t know.
If the Green rumour with him as halves coach is true it would signify a commitment to me to bring on the young guys we have.

this is what amazes me about Pearce.

Not everyone is the most naturally gifted player in regards to short kicking game.......but over a decade and nearly 300 NRL games to practice and still nothing?

I've read stories about Joey, Thurston and Cronk about how they were relentless at training and putting in big overs to achieve what they did.......I do wonder if Pearce even has the desire to be better.....I think not.
I tend to think Pearce is too comfortable living in Newie and enjoying the lifestyle.

perverse

Referee
I tend to think Pearce is too comfortable living in Newie and enjoying the lifestyle.
To be honest I've wondered if this isn't the common denominator in all our failure since the 8th retired. About the only thing left at the club through multiple cleanouts top to bottom is the town itself. Combine a laid back lifestyle with a public that largely protects you from the media and treats you like superstars and it seems like a recipe for "oh well, Mad Monday tomorrow".

To be honest I've wondered if this isn't the common denominator in all our failure since the 8th retired. About the only thing left at the club through multiple cleanouts top to bottom is the town itself. Combine a laid back lifestyle with a public that largely protects you from the media and treats you like superstars and it seems like a recipe for "oh well, Mad Monday tomorrow".
Look at the Sims boys. They loved the place and expected to ride out their careers there but they slacked off on the field big time.
None of them really knew what the passion about footy in the town is about. Guts and commitment and defying the underdog tag is part of it.

perverse

Referee
Look at the Sims boys. They loved the place and expected to ride out their careers there but they slacked off on the field big time.
None of them really knew what the passion about footy in the town is about. Guts and commitment and defying the underdog tag is part of it.
Just a lack of hunger for success. I don't think it matters where it comes from, but you have to have it.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Just a lack of hunger for success. I don't think it matters where it comes from, but you have to have it.
I think the will to win at all costs and take no prisoners attitude comes naturally to some.

Joey strikes me as the type of bloke that wouldn't let a 12 year old win at scrabble. He was pissed of at winning by only small margin or if a play didnt go exactly how he wanted it to go.

Joey was a winner and that type of character is infectious around others and as a leader they dont accept losing.

Spot On

Coach

He was punted from the Roosters after being carried there for quite a while on big money, the Premiership in 2013 helping extend his stay of course, continually selected for origin for close to a decade despite countless poor performances and clearly out of his depth plus he's always been talked up in the media (except when in strife on the piss) and supported by many which lead to us giving him a million a year.

Not to mention the massive push from the Johns brothers to sign here. Time for people to tune out from those two.

Not sure if he has ever needed to find that 'edge' in his game (which he really needed to as he is not close to top shelf half in many areas)when he has pretty much had everything he could ever want regardless of performance.

It is insane that a million dollars, or more than 10%, of our cap, is being tied up in Pearce again next year and concerning that reports have an extension for 2022 being worth 700K. Way too much.

Old dog

Juniors
List of unwanted players and cost in telegraph, Best value buy, in my opinion, is Flanagan who has potential, kicks goals with price tag of $280K, no thanks to the others

Knight Vision

First Grade
He was punted from the Roosters after being carried there for quite a while on big money, the Premiership in 2013 helping extend his stay of course, continually selected for origin for close to a decade despite countless poor performances and clearly out of his depth plus he's always been talked up in the media (except when in strife on the piss) and supported by many which lead to us giving him a million a year.

Not to mention the massive push from the Johns brothers to sign here. Time for people to tune out from those two.

Not sure if he has ever needed to find that 'edge' in his game (which he really needed to as he is not close to top shelf half in many areas)when he has pretty much had everything he could ever want regardless of performance.

It is insane that a million dollars, or more than 10%, of our cap, is being tied up in Pearce again next year and concerning that reports have an extension for 2022 being worth 700K. Way too much.
I agree he isnt a 700K half - personally I'd pull the pin on him now and move him on ASAP

Latest posts