What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The mole reckons Pearce back to the Roosters is happening. I’m now expecting us to announce he’s re-signing for 10 years within the hour.

That would be absolutely Brilliant, Free’s up around 500k i’m sure we will lump a chunk as The Roosters did the shame for us.

We have in around 300 in the kitty already, that’s enough to get Widdop and Clifford in.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Mo, but he isnt happy that the club have changed their tune re extension and a big pay cut.

In short, if we had another option he would be as good as gone.

There is a bit of smoke there... and a sneaky chance of it happening.
The part about the club changing its tune and Pearce not being happy about it sounds plausible

The bit where another successful club would want Pearce for the kind of money he wants is part I dont understand- unless it's to a bottom 8 team.

Spot On

Coach
The part about the club changing its tune and Pearce not being happy about it sounds plausible

The bit where another successful club would want Pearce for the kind of money he wants is part I dont understand- unless it's to a bottom 8 team.

Its more than plausible KV. He aint impressed.

The Roosters won't give him the money he is after... but don't forget which club we are talking about.

You'd presume Sam Walker gets a season to fire and if he doesn't...

There's a lot of ifs and buts but no matter which way the sandwich is cut, having Pearce at Newy on a million a year is no good for Newy. f**k everybody else.

Knight Vision

First Grade
having Pearce at Newy on a million a year is no good for Newy. f**k everybody else
I agree. Even his leadership ability is highly doubtful. He brings little to the table at around 1 million and he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

I'm all for the club investing in some halves of the future rather than Pearce

Loose Cannon

Bench
I want rid of Pearce more than ever, but sadly think we will be stuck next year.

He will cop his million when he realises his value on the open market. But talk of an extension at any price is lunacy.

I would be happy to financially subsidise some club’s recruitment inadequacy to alleviate our own failings asap.

Jono078

Referee
That would be absolutely Brilliant, Free’s up around 500k i’m sure we will lump a chunk as The Roosters did the shame for us.

We have in around 300 in the kitty already, that’s enough to get Widdop and Clifford in.
Can I just say, IF this is true and he goes back to the Roosters, I would be a bit annoyed that all of this has happened while Flanagan has signed with the Dogs - perhaps sabotaging our chances of landing him.

Old dog

Juniors
Pearce best chance of scoring another year (2022) is to perform extra well during 21, show he is top player and then talk business. If he can’t do that then no extension, no big payment and only himself to blame cause he can no longer cut it.
He is contracted and on big money he can just stay and play but if wants more let him prove he can do it

Spot On

Coach
OD

He should have a good season in '21 and I hope he does.

But, regardless of his form next year, the club needs to find a halves pairing that can compete with the top 4 teams for years to come.

Old dog

Juniors
Could Brailey be potential Captain, Pearce in 21 if still here then Bradley in 22, will have had two years at club and at an age to assume responsibility

Could Brailey be potential Captain, Pearce in 21 if still here then Bradley in 22, will have had two years at club and at an age to assume responsibility
Maybe. I'm hoping he can develop to control the game out of 9. That's where we control it then leave the halves to make plays.

"
Expectations of a possible return were heightened after Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan was released to join the Bulldogs on a three-year deal.

But O'Brien says he will meet with Pearce soon to discuss extending his contract.

"He's got a business and a wedding to plan at the moment," O'Brien said.

"I've assured him the club will be sitting down with him to work out his future, which I'm sure is going to be here with the Knights.

"We want him here and he's an important part of this club — I don't know how much more clearer I can be on that."“
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-27/newcastle-knights-eager-to-keep-mitchell-pearce/12818586

Spot On

Coach
"
Expectations of a possible return were heightened after Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan was released to join the Bulldogs on a three-year deal.

But O'Brien says he will meet with Pearce soon to discuss extending his contract.

"He's got a business and a wedding to plan at the moment," O'Brien said.

"I've assured him the club will be sitting down with him to work out his future, which I'm sure is going to be here with the Knights.

"We want him here and he's an important part of this club — I don't know how much more clearer I can be on that."“
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-27/newcastle-knights-eager-to-keep-mitchell-pearce/12818586

Then a huge signing is just around the corner for us - a quality 5/8.

Or O'Brien will end up like Nathan Brown did.