What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

League_God

Juniors
Agree fully, and I think kids like young Dom who didnt arrive with the best of wraps and in my opinion clearly shows he lacks a little self belief (hopefully we can change that) a lack of confidence is evident, but when you then look at Hodgson, similar to Sam Walker at Roosters, same age 18, but lived and breathed the rugby way of life since birth, Sam with his Dad and from what I know Hodgson his Grandad played, his Dad played, Josh obviously, for kids like him and Walker its a way of life, its in their blood as such I think it does make a difference when you come through early with talent. I think these kids are naturally confident and spectator criticism is water of a ducks back to them.

be honest... are you Hodgson? All your posts are about him, it’s like you’re not even trying to be subtle

Yosh

Coach
This isn't a rumour as of yet, but does anyone think it's worth looking at John Morris as an assistant coach?

He seems to be a really calm head that the playing group love and from my perspective he has done a tremendous job with all the young blokes he's brought in - could be a positive for our younger guys.

Don't we have 37 assistant coaches already? If there is space, we could do a lot worse than getting John Morris on board. He is a local lad right?

Tony Morris

Juniors
be honest... are you Hodgson? All your posts are about him, it’s like you’re not even trying to be subtle

Haha, No just a fellow Yorkshire man thats followed the kid and thought I could bring some insight on him. Excited to see him coming through thats all Pal. Keen to follow his career and have always had a soft spot for the Knights. Big fan of all our English Boys that take the leap to the NRL.

Jono078

Referee
Don't we have 37 assistant coaches already? If there is space, we could do a lot worse than getting John Morris on board. He is a local lad right?
Every team has 37 assistants these days Yoshi! We could have 38 and be ahead of the curve.

Seriously though, no idea, but it's an area you can always look to improve if you think there's value there in someone like Morris - who as mentioned above, is a local guy as well - I'm pretty sure.

Tony Morris

Juniors
Every team has 37 assistants these days Yoshi! We could have 38 and be ahead of the curve.

Seriously though, no idea, but it's an area you can always look to improve if you think there's value there in someone like Morris - who as mentioned above, is a local guy as well - I'm pretty sure.

It's always amazed me how many coaches you guys have within the teams. In the ESL you get 2 maybe 3 maximum and I would think anyone above the main coach would be clinging on to the fringes of the yearly budget.

Jono078

Referee
It's always amazed me how many coaches you guys have within the teams. In the ESL you get 2 maybe 3 maximum and I would think anyone above the main coach would be clinging on to the fringes of the yearly budget.
We've gone the way of the NFL where you almost have position coaches and then they have assistants, it is a bit ridiculous!

If we end up getting results I won't complain though haha.

He's changed his tune. Not long ago he was saying we had no room for both Watson and Mann next year.
I assumed based on form then Mann was reckoned to go. After his recent performances Toohey wants him to stay.
How could we fit both Mann and Watson?

Jones more than capable of playing in the middle under the current rules. Infact he'd be a big advantage there given his speed and skill

Just on the Mann and Watson debate. I loved what Mann brought last night and think he needs to stay at #6 for us provided Brailey and Ponga can provide solid kicking alternatives. I honestly think his efforts and impact are underrated at 5/8

I want Clifford coming here with an attitude of having to work for his spot and I don't think Crossland or Sisagi provide that.

ryana87

Juniors

Knight Tales

Juniors
He's changed his tune. Not long ago he was saying we had no room for both Watson and Mann next year.
I assumed based on form then Mann was reckoned to go. After his recent performances Toohey wants him to stay.
How could we fit both Mann and Watson?
It will be sad to lose either. They never give anything but their all.
I thought it was agasint the rules to even hint that you'd be interested in a player that isn't off contract
You would think so.

mozza91

Coach
Mann has been great. Previously I’d of taken Watson over him but now it’s neck and neck. Happy to keep both at the right price.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I like Mann’s efforts and ability to come up with a play here and there but he is not a 6. He kills far too many plays.

I think he makes a better 13 than Watson though.

I like Watson but I might be in the minority that would probably retain Mann over him. Whatever way the club goes I will be happy though. Splitting hairs really.

Latest posts