What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
If Ponga leaves then it may be time for AOB too as well, assuming things don’t improve.

If that eventuates we should be calling the walker bros about coaching and thrown in Sam Walker too.

their style of play really suits current footy.
I'm not sure if you realise Ben Walker was so such a successful and sought after coach that he's not a full time real estate agent back in Toowoomba

Jono078

Referee
I'm not sure if you realise Ben Walker was so such a successful and sought after coach that he's not a full time real estate agent back in Toowoomba
No I didn't haha. Last I heard those two were doing good things in QLD cup... obviously a while ago now.

No I didn't haha. Last I heard those two were doing good things in QLD cup... obviously a while ago now.
They had 1 season in a reserve grade comp where they had some success with a few unorthodox plays

The next season they got found out massively and pulled apart

Just imagine the likes of Bellamy, Robinson and Bennett laughing at their silly short kickoffs and short offloads

aqua_duck

Coach
Might not have been great players but obviously got some ability in coaching, one doesn’t necessarily go with the other. Not many great players made great coaches. Bellamy was not a great player.
They had some fresh ideas but the problem is after a while opposition teams catch on to what you're trying to do, they literally had 1 successful season before struggling for the next 4 year's and now aren't even coaching any more

Jono078

Referee
Saw that Tapine’s missus was bagging out Sticky on social media.
If he’s not happy down there I’d welcome him back with open arms. Could use his aggression.
What would his missus say about AOB bench use haha!

Still don't know if he's reached his potential but he's slowly gotten better each year down there.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Saw that Tapine’s missus was bagging out Sticky on social media.
If he’s not happy down there I’d welcome him back with open arms. Could use his aggression.
Could use his better half as a better half, too. Seems like she can read a game.

Jono078

Referee
Interesting, I was going to post here earlier because I heard we were after a "Broncos winger who can kick goals". Didn't know they meant Staggs. Heard the price may be an issue.

Wonder if we're considering him for 5/8th though.

I like him as a centre, not keen on him as a 5/8th who can't kick or pass or will be learning on the go. We have that in Mann.

aqua_duck

Coach
Staggs is not what we need, we already struggle to get Best good ball in attacking situations, there's no point having the best centre pairing if neither are going to get good ball

macavity

Referee
Staggs is not what we need, we already struggle to get Best good ball in attacking situations, there's no point having the best centre pairing if neither are going to get good ball

we need a controlling 7 with 10 years ahead of him

so, basically a unicorn

I love Staggs and would love to see him with us and away from the Broncos

However he would cost too much for a position that really isnt critical for us right now. Im not keen on the idea of him as a 5/8 either as hes played all his NRL and Qcup time at centre/wing

Burwood

Bench
We’ve got Best and Young coming through, so would like to see the club pick up an experienced centre. Gagai would be good if he was after one more year, but he’d be after 2-3 and a bit too much coin. Morris would be ideal, but don’t think he’d leave the roosters.

Yosh

Coach
Staggs? Great player but not fit for us... Why aren't we putting it all in a proper half? Clifford isn't a seven as well...

Latest posts