What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Depending how the next few weeks go you probably would just try to use that extra cap to top someone up this year and free up some space for next.

GidleyTwinz

Juniors
lol, I love the spin by Gardener/The Herald. The price wasn't right, end of story. I'm definitely not upset.
I think this is right.

Couldn't get him for cheap enough/ I think there is some credence to the idea we were trying to swap him for Klemmer. Get 85% of the impact of Klem for 50% of the price.

But for an organisation struggling for good PR at the moment, it's an easier sell that they "listened to fan backlash"

slotmachine

First Grade
Lodge has been really good since this all became public, the broncs probably thought paying 50%+ of his deal for three years would make them look dumb(er). Especially after letting reece walsh walk.

Old dog

Juniors
Not worried either way re Lodge, could have taken him or leave him not sure if good would have outweighed the bad. Our current pack is good with a couple of your potentials coming through. It’s our back that are a worry, need a winger and a centre at least

PhilGould

Bench
Tooheys News

- Fitzgibbon has been offered a new 2-year deal but is testing the market before making a decision. New deal is worth less than what he's currently on.
- Lodge deal falling through was due to the Broncos reneging on how much they were willing to pay.
- Could use the final roster spot to bring in a cheap winger for the rest of the season, Dragons' Jordan Pereira who is off to the Broncos next season was a name brought up.
- Signing an experienced centre is the priority for 2022.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Have to say I am likely the hardball approach to recruitment.

Agreed. Although I would prefer if they didn’t offer Fitz a contract at all. I’m hoping another club comes to the table with a better offer for him.

Good to see that we’re after a winger and a proper experienced NRL centre. Our backline has been proven to be way too inexperienced this year.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Konrad Hurrell is off contract at Leeds. Still only 29.
KP
Maumalo
Hurrell
Best
Hunt
Clifford
Pearce

Top four finish. Glad to read that it was money and not fans that lead to the Lodge decision. Though the year has been tough the coach and CEO are not playing dumb on the issues plaguing us. It seems like a few solid recruitment calls will completely change our fortunes.

Last edited:
I can't see the point of a cheap winger considering the number of backs we have and that cheap implies not good.
Hunt is due back soon. Young gets a go on wing. Musgrove isn't great but is solid. Many are saying Tuala is best at wing...

ryana87

Juniors
According the quality journalism provided by moley...... Apparently a third party has approached tigers to gauge their interest in Pearce for next year.

I don't think I've ever seen such a reach to think this is worth a news article

According the quality journalism provided by moley...... Apparently a third party has approached tigers to gauge their interest in Pearce for next year.

I don't think I've ever seen such a reach to think this is worth a news article
Moley creates so many rumours that one day one will be true.

Knight Tales

Juniors
If Greg Inglis was fitter then he’d be a
No brainer for a couple of years at centre, given they want experience. Hammy the issue.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can't see the point of a cheap winger considering the number of backs we have and that cheap implies not good.
Hunt is due back soon. Young gets a go on wing. Musgrove isn't great but is solid. Many are saying Tuala is best at wing...
Cheap doesn’t need to mean not good. Hunt was a cheap signing a few years ago and turned out to be great value.

Musgrove isn’t solid, he’s been poor. Gets beaten up and driven back when bringing the ball back, doesn’t catch the contested high balls and doesn’t seem to have much speed or footwork either, he’s out of his depth at this point in his development.

Toa hasn’t been much better. I’d be prepared to give Tuala a chance on the wing for the rest of the year given he’s had some good games there for us.

But yeah the point still stands we desperately need some outside backs.

Yosh

Coach
Experienced centre? Sounds like a good plan. I wonder who we are looking at. These days clubs can almost lure players even in contracts.

So who is the best fit for us?

Latest posts