What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Tuala looks like someone who hasn't filled into his body yet.

I'd also like to see him add around 5kg which would put him around the same size as Hymel Hunt.

Yosh

Coach
If Tuala plays mainly as our left winger and does bulk up like the others are suggesting, I don't see why we don't keep him on a smallish contact. Wasn't he a star player in the youths?

Wonder what happens to To'a and Young. Seems Best is frequently injured so perhaps they both can act as back up?

1. Ponga
2. Hunt
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Tuala

Not a wonderful backline but has some strike about it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Watching Tom Starling just hurts now. Kid is a gun. To think we moved him on for Levi is crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
I reckon Brailey is the far superior player. If we kept Starling, we probably won't have gotten Brailey.
Not comparing them. My point is someone at this club thought Levi was better than Starling. Had we kept Starling who knows how different our last few years could have been prior to Brailey. The dummy half nightmare we have lived for years post Bedsy is probably where it is coming from for me. A smart 9 is more important than a halfback in my book. Of course a quality half is needed.

Last edited:
Not comparing them. My point is someone at this club thought Levi was better than Starling. Had we kept Starling who knows how different our last few years could have been prior to Brailey. The dummy half nightmare we have lived for years post Bedsy is probably where it is coming from for me. A smart 9 is more important than a halfback in my book. Of course a quality half is needed.
20/20 hindsight tbh

Was a different game when we got rid of him. Smaller hookers with defencive issues were a liability until the rule changes

C'est la vie

Jono078

Referee
Think they just said the Cheese still hasn’t signed a contract for next year. Would you pull Fitz and Watson’s deal for him?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah the word is he wants to play hooker, but I think he’s better as a free running lock than hooker. He’ll end up getting a big payday elsewhere or might even stay at Melbourne.

Burwood

Bench
Defence comes down purely to coaching and technique with Starling. Newcastle coaches told him to tackle high and wrap up the ball, Stuart told him to go low. You can tell which one is better suited when you’re 5’2”.

mozza91

Coach
Sure, he is now. Wasn't back when he was here with us though

Again, 20/20
Not sure about earlier in his junior career but he was great for us defensively in 20’s and NSW Cup.

I can’t blame the club for not keeping him though because I always thought he’d be too small to be effective in First Grade. Really happy for him though and more than happy with our current hooker.

Alex28

Coach
Triple M I think?
I heard it on Triple M yesterday as well, from Brent Read. He suggested we were still favourites.

From what I know from family here - he doesn’t want to leave, just wants to know his worth. It’s a big contract for him.

Defence comes down purely to coaching and technique with Starling. Newcastle coaches told him to tackle high and wrap up the ball, Stuart told him to go low. You can tell which one is better suited when you’re 5’2”.
You can also tell which technique is best suited to a game where slowing down the ruck with wrestle is key and a game where thats no longer an advantage

PhilGould

Bench

Gagai deal official

Latest posts