What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
I definitely think he’s worth a punt at the right price. There’s a lot of worse options. Between he and Clifford, you won’t find any fullbacks excited to come up against us.

You should read the article.
Milford is a free agent I don’t think he’s too keen to sign with Souths when his court case is settled after the way they have been treating him.
Nonetheless, im flabbergasted that anyone is even entertaining the idea of signing him

Completely past his best and doesnt appear to have the mentality of a top level athlete anymore, if he ever really had it in the first place.

Solid no from me for what its worth

Woosh

Head Moderator
Completely past his best and doesnt appear to have the mentality of a top level athlete anymore, if he ever really had it in the first place.
Should’ve won a CC medal.
No point trying to convince you when you’re happy with a Clifford/Clune combo.

Woosh

Head Moderator
He should have won the CC medal.. 6 years ago...

Hasn't played another good game since

I find it hard to believe he hasn’t played at least one good game in the past 6 years.
Heck he wasn’t too bad towards the end of this season with the Broncos.
A solid game from Milford is still better than Clune’s best game.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I find it hard to believe he hasn’t played at least one good game in the past 6 years.
Maybe so but you’re much more likely to see Clune’s best (or close to it) every week rather than Milford’s solid games a few times a season.

I find it hard to believe too but he somehow proved me right

Woosh

Head Moderator
Maybe so but you’re much more likely to see Clune’s best (or close to it) every week rather than Milford’s solid games a few times a season.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Knights had the second worst attack in the comp this year.
Clune isn’t going to help improve this.
I have nothing against Clune.
Clune is a backup half, not a starting half.
He is handy to have around the club when injury strikes to fill in for a couple games.

I would take a punt on Milford everyday of the week if my other options were Clune and Crossland. It’s that simple.

Knight Tales

Juniors
It is all Hypothetical and it won’t happen. But for a year and a cheap deal it would be worth a look. Milford should train hard and back himself to get another contract. He is the perfect example of luxury lounge player. Taylor the same. They are set for life already. Don’t feel sorry for them.

Knight76

Juniors
Souths thought there was enough there to give him a shot.

But that is one of the problems of the NRL that teams think they can fix players that are off the rails in some way.

I'd give him a train and trial and if he is putting in the effort at training see from there. He strikes me as a lazy trainer and lazy just all round.

Not that I tink the club is even looking at Milford as an option.

Still Nutty

Juniors
There’s the ball playing lock we want. He’s got pretty much an identical body shape to Watson.
Doesn't have the defence to play lock...I'm generally a no on getting him here but if it was a cheap 1 year contract maybe with a second year club option, I'd be prepared to have an open mind.

In truth though I think we either want a proven half and pay good coin or we see what Clune brings to the squad if he gets an opportunity ahead Phoenix...or if Crossland puts himself in the picture lets see where that goes...we've got a bit invested in him and I'd like to see him given a decent opportunity (at least half a dozen games to get comfortable)

Yosh

Coach
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Knights had the second worst attack in the comp this year.
Clune isn’t going to help improve this.
I have nothing against Clune.
Clune is a backup half, not a starting half.
He is handy to have around the club when injury strikes to fill in for a couple games.

I would take a punt on Milford everyday of the week if my other options were Clune and Crossland. It’s that simple.

So your solution to insanity is even crazier insanity?

Souths thought there was enough there to give him a shot.

But that is one of the problems of the NRL that teams think they can fix players that are off the rails in some way.

I'd give him a train and trial and if he is putting in the effort at training see from there. He strikes me as a lazy trainer and lazy just all round.

Not that I tink the club is even looking at Milford as an option.
Souths also have a GF roster and can afford to carry some dead weight if it came to it

Newcastle isn't in that position unfortunately

Burwood

Bench
Just saw that Kev Naiqama is back in the NRL next year- as an ex knight, pity we didn’t sign him. Could have been a valuable member of the squad with plenty of experience.