What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Alex28

Coach
Outside Back - Curtis Scott if she shows he’s taking AA seriously?

in saying that, Newy might not be the best place for a reformed alcoholic…

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Curtis Scott wouldn’t pass the character test imo. Seems to have gotten himself into a fair bit of trouble in the last few years.

aqua_duck

Coach
Half the clubs in the NRL are taking a look at Pearce... Are we lucky to have him?
Whilst I don't think Pearce brings great halfback attributes he most certainly brings on field leadership, a tonne of experience and effort upon effort. In terms of halfbacks there's clearly a top tier with guys like Cleary, Hughes and DCE with Reynolds just below them, after that you have guys like Pearce, Moses, Hunt, walker and maybe Burton. The value in those middle tier guys is huge because there's a massive gulf between them and the next tier of guys.

aqua_duck

Coach
Cowboys are legitimately bad with their cap aren't they. I mean really.
I'm actually curious how they fit Townsend, Dearden and Drinkwater in the team, Townsend signed for big money, I believe Dearden didn't come cheap either and Drinkwater re-signed at a time when his value was probably at its peak

Burwood

Bench
I get the feeling he knows how to use JT, but is too scared to. It’s the problem with long term contracts- there’s no way a coach can flog a player like JT week after week and not be worried about them burning out. He’s trying to get 10 years of value out of him, not 2-3.

As for Holmes, poor guy thinks he’s a fullback when he’s really a glorified winger. Probably one of the most dangerous signings to make as a club value wise.

TooheysNew

Coach
I get the feeling he knows how to use JT, but is too scared to. It’s the problem with long term contracts- there’s no way a coach can flog a player like JT week after week and not be worried about them burning out. He’s trying to get 10 years of value out of him, not 2-3.

As for Holmes, poor guy thinks he’s a fullback when he’s really a glorified winger. Probably one of the most dangerous signings to make as a club value wise.
Or he thinks a 10 year 1 million dollar contract is a terrible idea at the back end, and is hoping JT chooses to look elsewhere.

Old dog

Juniors
Think they might regret the 10x$1m in the next year or two, games changing and what was good a few years ago is now different

PhilGould

Bench
Taumalolo at his peak is/was a genetic freak that would thrive in any era or rules. Haven't paid enough attention this year to know whether it's a coaching/motivation issue or if he's just past his best. Concerning either way for the Cows.

Yosh

Coach
JT doesn't seem to care anymore. Don't really see a huge difference between him and TPJ atm. Maybe change of scenery is needed?

Latest posts