What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

not who but what positions - a marquee signing in a spine position is a must have 1) half or 2) hooker that can stay on the field.

EDIT - 1) Munster 2) anyone in SL worth a look? 3) Burton

*interested to see how Milf goes and if we could keep him
Hooker: Id go after Jayden Berrell from the Sharks. Was 2021 QCup player of the year and Wynumms best player in last years QCup final

Hes off contract at the end of this year and i think the Dolphins will be going after him but hes a talent worth bidding for. Very much in the Harry Grant mold of player

ryan.a87

Juniors
Hooker: Id go after Jayden Berrell from the Sharks. Was 2021 QCup player of the year and Wynumms best player in last years QCup final

Hes off contract at the end of this year and i think the Dolphins will be going after him but hes a talent worth bidding for. Very much in the Harry Grant mold of player
Even if he only amounts to a quarter of the player grant is, he would still be a very handy player

is that chat in this thread around new hookers assuming we let Brailey go because he is too injury prone? Or is this for a backup hooker to replace Randall?

Jono078

Referee
I wonder if AOB views Randall as a good enough backup though.

I also like the look of Huth in reserves. His delivery of the ball looked super crisp on limited sample I’ve seen.

PhilGould

Bench
The Newcastle Knights have grabbed another young Queensland talent - Iona College Year 12 student Jeremy Trappett.

Trappett, a Wynnum Manly junior and 2022 Meninga Cup No.1, will join the NRL club steeped in history around Queensland fullbacks.

With Kalyn Ponga their captain, and with Robbie O’Davis (1992–04, eight Tests) one of their greatest old boys, Queensland has been a happy hunting ground for the Knights when it comes to fullbacks.

Also a capable centre, Trappett’s recruitment follows his front row teammate Ryan Jackson signing with the Dolphins for 2023.

Can't find any footage of him

Knight Tales

Juniors
Zammit starting to show why we signed him. I’d say this kid was chased by all four Qld clubs. Add Pryce and Pearce Paul and the off contracts next year being 2/3 of the squad and this club should, and likely will, look very different in 2023/2024.

Last edited:

Sir Galahad

Juniors
is that chat in this thread around new hookers assuming we let Brailey go because he is too injury prone? Or is this for a backup hooker to replace Randall?
we've just extended Brailey but he has been on the field 1 season out of 3 and you cant win premierships with this kind of reliability. There needs to be a plan put in place that doesnt involve Randall

Jono078

Referee
I do wonder where Bailey Hodgson figures in all these fullbacks we've signed.

Either they still believe in him as a fullback and will develop Pryce as a 5/8th and Trappett as a centre?

ryan.a87

Juniors
I do wonder where Bailey Hodgson figures in all these fullbacks we've signed.

Either they still believe in him as a fullback and will develop Pryce as a 5/8th and Trappett as a centre?
Feel for him hey, him and Dom came onboard as the 2 next best things from England, young obviously got a chance and is going good, Brailey has had little game time because of Covid and this elbow injury

You would think if he was good to go, ponga wouldn’t have played the first 4 weeks because of his knee and we would have never seen Hoy in first grade

PhilGould

Bench
Pretty sure I remember reading that David Armstrong's deal includes him joining the top squad as well, not sure if it's next year or the year after. Another fullback he's competing with. Fletcher Sharpe from SG Ball had a great season and is breaking into rep teams now too.

Hopefully Bailey can finally stay on the field for the rest of the season and earn an opportunity, either here or elsewhere.

Yosh

Coach
Kai Pearce-Paul highlights video of his Super League career thus far. Showing why he's already being picked in the England squad.

Looks amazing and exactly what we need.

Looks like he plays mostly on the right. If we did end up getting Luki, I can understand why we weren't targeting more backrowers.

perverse

Referee
Yeah... I'm sure we'll coach all the flair out of him in an off season or two. Imagine all the offloads he'll miss out on because there's no-one running off his hip. Can't wait to see that long arm with the ball swinging around with nothing but air either side of him.

Does look to be quite a talent, though.

Latest posts