What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Juniors
I don’t want to go through the cycle of hype then disappointment again. But we are possibly developing a young but very talented footy side. Won’t be any excuses for the coach once this side is up and running. It will be perform or hit the road.

Last edited:

SamSepi0l

Juniors
The Brailey is injury prone talk is kind of trash. Before joining Newcastle he played in near 90% of games (69/77). He suffered two huge non-contact injuries since being here. He's not out every other week like a Watson, he's just had two bad breaks luck wise.

Jono078

Referee
The Brailey is injury prone talk is kind of trash. Before joining Newcastle he played in near 90% of games (69/77). He suffered two huge non-contact injuries since being here. He's not out every other week like a Watson, he's just had two bad breaks luck wise.
Every Newcastle Knight is injury prone. Just the way it goes.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Not interested about before joining the Knights, I'm interested in now and winning now and in the future.

Currently Brailey is on track for missing around 2/3 of his contract to date.

Buy a car to get you to work and it only starts 1 out of every 3 days - what do you do with it? Tell ya boss it's just a bad break luck wise?

16 Knights * just bad breaks luck wise

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I bet the storm are regretting having Papenhuyzen on the books. By Knights fans standards he's a liability.
Besides the fact that Paps is 1 of the best FB in the game vs Brailey who in reality is a mid table maybe top 8 quality hooker * lovely bloke though, trains hard

Papenhuyzen - played 81% of available games for Storm

2019 - 22 games
2020 - 20 games
2021 - 15 games
2022 - 9 games

Brailey - played 44% of available games for the Knights ( and this will only decrease as the weeks continue )

2020 - 2 games
2021 - 23 games
2022 - 0 games ( so far )

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Maybe we can hijack it Reed Mahoney... That guy is a gun. But also injury prone right?
Would be sensible to have some back up strategy better than what we currently have. Brailey goes down again and there's another season down the tubes.

At least when Mahoney is on deck he kills it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I heard he was good but that's the closest thing I've seen to watching a young SBW. Footwork, fend, offload, mobility, he's everything that Fitzy isn't.
You are wary when those comparisons are made but he is the real deal. Absolutely dominates everyone around him. If he can replicate that here then we will be in a good space.

Jono078

Referee
I also watch him and think he has a lot of filling out to do, so he'll only get stronger and more damaging as a runner. Right now he looks like Jason Saab in the forwards lol.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I heard he was good but that's the closest thing I've seen to watching a young SBW. Footwork, fend, offload, mobility, he's everything that Fitzy isn't.
What hasn't been touched on here so far is the defence he already seems to possess in both the read and the technique to 'ball and all' and drive them backwards...he definitely looks like he can deliver on a promise if we can get him across the line at the Knights.....then we just want to do a 'Queensland' and get his permanent residency down here and fit him out for a Blues jersey😎😉