What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
I only asked cos it seems like the Titans are
Looking to offload him early for the right deal. He seems quite unhappy there but can turn a game in minutes when he wants to. I know we aren’t going to entertain his price tag at present. However he’s still only 22. He has certainly destroyed any chance of big contracts in the future though. He’ll be lucky to get half of what he is on.
There's still a chance Frizell doesn't stay on, right? Would be a good swap there if it comes to that.

Im very concerned about our packs lack of graft right now and i dont think adding Fifita to it does either us or him any favours

Our pigs need a reality check and a fair bit of tough love. We get dominated in the ruck far too often and aside from Klem, none of them seem interested in making good yardage

Having Fifita at Newie would be a "nice to have at a good price" but i feel it doesnt actually fix any of our glaring issues

Yosh

Coach
He is easily what we need in an edge forward. However we are probably looking for someone who applies themselves significantly more.

I would definitely make an offer though. Couldn't tell you what figure but around 800k would be my max.

800k??? Surely it's way too much for someone who barely does anything. Surely anything above 500k will ruin our cap even more.

2m for Ponga and Fifita won't work because they both luxury players and don't effect games enough. I would pay 2m for Tedesco and Haas for example.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I wonder if we will revisit Matt Lodge again. Especially given next year he will be cheap. Warriors paying him out of their cap.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
800k??? Surely it's way too much for someone who barely does anything. Surely anything above 500k will ruin our cap even more.

2m for Ponga and Fifita won't work because they both luxury players and don't effect games enough. I would pay 2m for Tedesco and Haas for example.
Was just saying that’s my absolute ceiling. Some club will offer him that much to land him and hope to get the best out of him.

And to answer AOD comment about him not fitting here and fixing our issues, I’m not sure any one player will. That’s on AOB, or our next coach.

Jono078

Referee
Don’t be surprised if we revisit the Matt Lodge deal again. As crazy as that sounds his form Has been incredible this year. If you cut away the personal history he is a top 5 prop in the game right now. A machine. Evey time he runs the ball he bends the line. He and Klem would be some duo.
Once again, not sure why we’d look to have another front rower on 700ishk.

Jono078

Referee
Toohey says no to Lodge.
If we got both English lads, Heatherington and Madden it’s a good recruitment drive.
Got to add retention and losses to the whole package.

Re-signed Ponga and Croker. Losing Barnett and Lee.

Not sure who else may be lost as well. If Frizell is lost then I'm not convinced it will have been a pass mark this year, time would obviously tell though.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Toohey says no to Lodge.
If we got both English lads, Heatherington and Madden it’s a good recruitment drive.
Lodge would be another lumbering front rower similar to Dsaf, Jsaf and Klem.

Madden would be good, like Burton he's a project and not yet the finished product by any means - plan for the future if we cant get a blue chip signing in the spine.

perverse

Referee
rumoured to be on 600K a year. He's a great player but not sure of we could possibly spend that money bettter elsewhere? - like a spine player. 600K + 800K Pearce money is a decent chunk of coin , hello Munster.
Not really how the cap works. If we got rid of Friz, we need to replace him (i.e his spot in the top 30 still needs to be filled, and we would need another player in a position we are short in - backrow). He's on more like $700k too, I believe. The vast majority of Pearce's money hasn't been spent though, that much is true.

If Munster leaves Melbourne, I suspect he's going to the Dolphins. I believe the amount of overs we'd have to pay to make him even think twice about coming to Newcastle would be so far and above what he would be more happy to play on in Melbourne or for Wayne... it's really not worth destroying our cap that much.

Yosh

Coach
I love the Friz. I hope he signs for life and ends his career here with us. Get him on the books.

Old dog

Juniors
Frizell is like Klem we would be even more stuffed if not for those two, I hope Friz takes up his option for 2023 and both he and Klem consider extending beyond. They will hopefully end careers here

Latest posts