What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Matt Burton has told the Bulldogs hes not going to take up his player option for 2024 and can negotiate with teams from Nov 1st

Could be a good target to go after

mozza91

Coach
Wasn’t sold on Burton at first but he’s been unreal the last month or so. Same with Adam Elliot.

Basically if I don’t rate a player they’ll end up an immortal.

Jono078

Referee
Matt Burton has told the Bulldogs hes not going to take up his player option for 2024 and can negotiate with teams from Nov 1st

Could be a good target to go after
Would love it but it would be a serious bidding war.

My gut feeling is it’ll be the Dolphins, if they can’t get Munster.

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- Knights may have another crack at Luke Brooks in the off-season. Seems to be based on Joey's comments in the media rather than any actual info. Also lists Cam Munster, Mitchell Moses, Dylan Brown & Matt Burton as potential targets but again, seems like he's just listing the off-contract halves rather than reporting anything.
- Jonah Pezet was being groomed to replace Pearce.
- Bailey Hodgson is out for the season after breaking his elbow for the second time this year.
- Pasami Saulo is looking for a new club. Knights haven't shut the door on him completely but sounds like he thinks he'll get more opportunities elsewhere.

PhilGould

Bench
Kai Pearce-Paul made his return overnight after 3 months on the sidelines. Looks like he's put some muscle on from the highlights I saw. Will Pryce plays 12:15am Monday and will be televised over here.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Toohey's News

- Knights may have another crack at Luke Brooks in the off-season. Seems to be based on Joey's comments in the media rather than any actual info. Also lists Cam Munster, Mitchell Moses, Dylan Brown & Matt Burton as potential targets but again, seems like he's just listing the off-contract halves rather than reporting anything.
- Jonah Pezet was being groomed to replace Pearce.
- Bailey Hodgson is out for the season after breaking his elbow for the second time this year.
- Pasami Saulo is looking for a new club. Knights haven't shut the door on him completely but sounds like he thinks he'll get more opportunities elsewhere.
Nothing really new there.

That’s rough for Bailey Hodgson, poor bloke just can’t get on the field. Is he with us again next year or is his contract finished at the end of 2022?

Saulo potentially leaving as well as Sue & Momoisea leaving means we need to recruit a couple more front rowers for our squad or our depth next year will be very thin.

Whilst Saulo hasn’t set the world on fire he hasn’t ever gotten much game time to show what he can do so I don’t blame him for looking for opportunities elsewhere.

Not sure what to make of the Brooks stuff. It may have been a blessing in disguise that we didn’t get him but who knows what he might have become with some involvement from Joey. At anywhere close to his best he’s a big upgrade on Clune/Clifford but at his worst he just goes completely MIA. No way would I want the club forking out $1m for him but if the Tigers foot half the bill then perhaps it would be worth considering. The options out there are really bare at the moment.

slotmachine

First Grade
How's Joey going improving Cliffords game?

Dylan Brown seems to have actually remembered how to play attacking football since Joey left the eels.

Absolutely no evidence that he is this gun halves coach

Jono078

Referee

Dylan Brown seems to have actually remembered how to play attacking football since Joey left the eels.

This is a fair observation. I’d say Moses improved a whole lot under Joey but it’s always hard to say what they pick up from him and what is just natural development and experience.

Joey kept going on about how smart Clune is. That doesn’t mean shit if he just doesn’t have the skill to execute at NRL level.

Clifford is a big mystery. I could still see him kicking on in the right environment but he could easily just go to ESL and be fine there for the rest of his career.

Been saying this for years. I've seen nothing to convince me Joey is any good at coaching

Spot On

Coach

There’s plenty of evidence he is clueless if he has been having major input into our attack this season.

He certainly seems to hop around from club to club.