What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

They are being let go by the Tigers and noone else wants them. Where else they going to get paid anything?
They both go on the market tomorrow mate, they arent being "let go" as you say

Both will be sort after by a few clubs who need halves and wont be bargin basement buys by an stretch

PhilGould

Bench
We've signed a couple more junior forwards from the Warriors, Elijah Salesa Leumoana & Jarome Falemoe, both on 2-year deals. Both are 18 so probably only Jersey Flegg signings. We signed another young Warriors forward a few months back too, can't remember his name, but that makes it 3 coming over.

Jyris Glamuzina & Temple Kalepo were recruited from the Warriors for this season, and the same page that announced the new signings says they've both re-signed for next season as well. Glamuzina was one of our better forwards in Jersey Flegg by the end of the season and was badly missed in the finals. He's a big athletic prop with some footwork, offers something different from most of our young middles. Kalepo is a hooker who was highly regarded as a junior at the Warriors but never got on the field for us due to injury. He was always around the top squad at training though, and they must have a fair opinion of him to re-sign after not playing a game.

Edit: Tamakaimoana Whareaorere was the name I couldn't remember. Don't like my chances next time either.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench

YOUNG GUNS IN CLUB'S SIGHTS​

Down the years the Warriors have let way too many fine Kiwi juniors slip through their fingers to Aussie clubs.

But the club is addressing that and has been quick to snap up two of the best 18-year-old back-rowers in the country.

Elijah Salesa-Leumoana and Jarome Falemoe have both signed on until the end of 2023 and both are expected to push for spots in the full-time squad next season.

The pair hail from Auckland and their progress will be closely watched by the new Warriors coaching staff next year.

Found an article on them both from only a couple of months ago. Them signing with the Knights was announced by their agent himself so I'd take his word for it and assume something fell through on the Warriors deal. "Two of the best 18-year-old back-rowers in the country" sounds good but every junior he writes about is a superstar according to the Mole so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

PhilGould

Bench
November 1 is only relevant for 2024 signings and I can't see us going after a big enough name to sign this far out. Our "fun" will be the reports of Dom meeting with other clubs when he's back. Maybe signing Luke Brooks for 2024 and more public grovelling for an early release, but I think there's a good chance AOB signs his saviour halfback and then gets sacked mid-season before he arrives.

It does mean we can get an official announcement on KPP & Pryce for 2024 now.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I think the idea is to get rid of any player(s), who have an idea how to play the game.

That way, the coach and management can be clueless, and nobody will notice.

PhilGould

Bench
Both are past their prime and being paid like the players they used to be, wouldn't lose any sleep over either.

The article says the club wants to "spice up their roster for next season" which sounds great, probably should've been doing that a few months ago and not waiting until pre-season starts though. Not sure where they think the spice will be coming from this late other than Brooks.

So if this does turn out to be true, we would've released Pearce, Barnett, Clifford, Frizell and Klemmer in the past year, arguably our best players in the hope of signing Luke f**king Brooks.

Lmao... This club...

Knight Tales

Juniors
Both are past their prime and being paid like the players they used to be, wouldn't lose any sleep over either.

The article says the club wants to "spice up their roster for next season" which sounds great, probably should've been doing that a few months ago and not waiting until pre-season starts though. Not sure where they think the spice will be coming from this late other than Brooks.
All well and good as long as you have equal or better players lined up.
Whatever is going on internally I hope Parr can reign it in cos this season will be done before a weight is lifted.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I think the idea is to get rid of any player(s), who have an idea how to play the game.

That way, the coach and management can be clueless, and nobody will notice.
We have no idea what is going on cos the club lacks transparency. As a result , articles like this, we will see more and more of.

Jono078

Referee
O’Brien seems pretty intent on letting go of all players that put in any effort. Bold strategy!
I maintain he knows he's on the out and there's a bit of sabotage going on.

What good does this do for our pre-season having blokes wanting out or knowing we don't want them.

If AOB blames a poor off-season last year then this one will be a catastrophe.

In saying that, I'm all for a roster shake up. There's some good talent available for 2024 and we want to be at the forefront of opportunities there.

Old dog

Juniors
Can’t understand talk of Klem and Friz being moved on, ok maybe the coach doesn’t want them, ok maybe it will clear some cap space…….BUT…….. who do we replace them with as we don’t seem to be able to sign anyone except Gamble and Crosslands.
Forget 2023, get rid of Obi, sign new coach, let those of contract at season end go including Klem and Friz and start rebuild and development now for 2024

ryan.a87

Juniors
Toohey has already shut down the Frizell rumour, but mentions Klemmer is looking for a long term contract elsewhere

Yosh

Coach
Parr finally making some big player moves now. Love it. I want Parr's fingerprints all over our new roster.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I maintain he knows he's on the out and there's a bit of sabotage going on.

What good does this do for our pre-season having blokes wanting out or knowing we don't want them.

If AOB blames a poor off-season last year then this one will be a catastrophe.

In saying that, I'm all for a roster shake up. There's some good talent available for 2024 and we want to be at the forefront of opportunities there.
You are probably closer to the truth than you know. Sounds like a clearing of the decks for a new coach. Ponga, Dom, KPP and Pryce are a pretty decent carrot to build around. Raw yes but if it works it is going to be a fine football side .