What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

ryan.a87

Juniors
Just had a quick re-listen (no idea about spelling for these guys)

fletcher sharp (fullback)
Miles mitchell (lock)
Paul brian (currently recovering from acl injury)
Oren Keely
Zeb Sua
Any names we’d be familiar with? From what I understood Bradbury was the pick of the bunch but luckily we turfed him to get Miller a year early to warm the pine

Old dog

Juniors
Let’s get rid of our $800k prop and purchase a $400k one to improve our side and why not do same with our youngish centre despite our other centre heading quickly towards use by date.
Will a Dan deal be a bit like a Klem deal, play elsewhere but we still pay some, all a bit crazy.

macavity

Referee
Let’s get rid of our $800k prop and purchase a $400k one to improve our side and why not do same with our youngish centre despite our other centre heading quickly towards use by date.
Will a Dan deal be a bit like a Klem deal, play elsewhere but we still pay some, all a bit crazy.

Surely its all wishful thinking by Sydney media. They are always trying to tear us apart.

We should be able to front-load a bunch of salary this year.

perverse

Referee
Surely its all wishful thinking by Sydney media. They are always trying to tear us apart.

We should be able to front-load a bunch of salary this year.
I actually think we may be in a bad spot again cap wise sadly. We have to factor in the 2 english guys coming in next year, which we're obviously getting no value from on the field at the moment but are considered in next years cap and beyond. I get the feeling there's more than a few silent thieves in the squad too.

Burwood

Bench
There was a quote from Fitz’s management in the media yesterday mentioning how there’s not much money for a new contract.

Maybe that’s just the club’s diplomatic way of saying, “Sorry, but he was overpaid last time, so if he wants to stay he’s going to need to take a significant paycut…”

Woody90

Juniors
I’d be happy for Fitz to stay on a reduced contract. He’s been good this year.

Speaking of the English guys: we’ve signed Will Pryce who from what I’ve seen is a fullback. So we’ve signed both Miller and Pryce but Ponga has ended up back there. Not sure how we’re going to work that one. Even if Ponga had stayed at 6 then we’ve still signed 2 fullbacks to I imagine good money. We probably have close to 3 mill just tied up in fullbacks. This club I swear…

Pryce can play anywhere in the backline really, he just happens to be playing FB for Huddersfield right now but hes really more of a 5/8 and has played far more footy there. He'll be competition for Gamble, Mann and Crossland for the 14 jersey

Woody90

Juniors
Watching some highlights videos of him he reminds me a lot of Ponga where he looks to be more of a ball playing fullback with a decent short range kicking game. Would be shame to waste that on the wing but might be the only open position if Gamble kicks on at 6 (there’s also the possibility that Ponga might not be around much longer if he cops another serious concussion).

I think he could be a pretty decent centre tbh. Might be the plan for him to take Dom’s wing spot next year with the plan to then take Gag’s spot in 2025.

Toohey’s news today that the club have reassured Best his contract and position at the club isn’t in danger so he’ll definitely he here next year.

Woody90

Juniors
Don’t think at this stage we should factor in the two Poms, think it will take a while for them to adjust to big move and pace of game

If we’re suspecting that they’re taking a sizeable chuck of cap space next year then we do kind of need to factor them in. It’s not like Dom took a huge amount of time to adjust either.

Old dog

Juniors
Wasn’t about the cost more about them settling in and needing time to adjust, talking first 4-6 rounds, maybe longer depending on positions and what current players we have such as Ponga, Frizell, Fitz.

slotmachine

First Grade
KPP and Pryce are further into their careers than Dom was when he came over, but he only played about 5 first grade games in his first season here

macavity

Referee
We haven’t paid big dollars for KPP and Pryce. We signed them when they hadn’t done much and dollars on offer in the ESL these days are trash.

Toohey made the point that we have to spend to a floor so all clubs are constantly close to the cap regardless of roster quality. I think this talk about cap problems is about managing expectations both externally and internally.

I expect us to drag a lot of next years cap figure into this year and then do the same again, and look to use those funds to keep our best kids. We are playing Parr ball now, which isn’t about signing externally.

Burwood

Bench
I'll admit I'm looking purely at stats, but KPP seems to have been very underwhelming this year. Somewhat low work-rate (not many runs, metres), low impact (tackle busts, try assists, offloads, line breaks, metres per carry etc). What am I missing?

aqua_duck

Coach
Pryce can play anywhere in the backline really, he just happens to be playing FB for Huddersfield right now but hes really more of a 5/8 and has played far more footy there. He'll be competition for Gamble, Mann and Crossland for the 14 jersey
With all these fullbacks/5-8ths and utilities aren’t you glad we signed Miller and gave up our best junior forward to get him 12 months early

Latest posts