What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Apey

Staff member
I'm all for shifting the $$ around to players who deserve it, the problem is having to use 95% of the cap. That means any downgrades mean upgrades for someone else, or attracting a new, better player.

In other words, I see downgrading to a cheaper hooker in the short term a positive move, but it relies on offloading Brailey and then using his money appropriately when its available.

We have literally the best man for the job in O'Sullivan so I'm gonna trust the process. It's gonna take some hurt before it gets better. What's another 2 more years of hurt after 20 years of failure?

Also, should we take his son in?
That's the main positive I take from the whole season - O'Sullivan is a proven winner. Let's hope he clears the decks gets a decent roster in place.

The extension of AOB is looking to be a disaster - will the Knights bite the bullet and pay him out?

Would AOB be a decent coach with a decent roster ? I dont think he can win us a Premiership

Alex28

Coach
Tallis on 360 tonight asked if Gardner knows what he is doing after he found out about the length AOB’s contract. The entire panel agreed KP’s form had nothing to do with O’Brien. The response from Dave Riccio was that Phil G knows how to run a leagues club. LOL. At least people with some idea think like we do in here. Well most of us.
Phil Gardiner is a great financial manager. The way Wests have grown under his management is super impressive.

He’s realised that he isn’t a football manager and has finally bitten the bullet and got some real people in to do the job.

As long as he lets them do their job and just focus on the pokies across the road, all should be ok. Not convinced he can do that.

PhilGould

Bench
Brailey, Crossland, Jones and Arthur will be top 30 as of now. Not certain on Davis' contract status but haven't seen any indication that he's joining the top squad. Obviously there's been talk of Brailey hopefully moving on and someone on the other forum (can't vouch for their reliability) said they'd heard Jones is on the outer as well.

Jones was a fullback/half/centre/utility who had a really good game filling in at hooker so they kept him there, but he's been named at five-eighth this week for the first time all season so maybe they've decided to shift him back out from hooker now that they've got Arthur (assuming he is staying).

Jones was a fullback/half/centre/utility who had a really good game filling in at hooker so they kept him there, but he's been named at five-eighth this week for the first time all season so maybe they've decided to shift him back out from hooker now that they've got Arthur (assuming he is staying).
jeez , I'm no expert on developing kids but wow ....it is little wonder the club has developed few juniors. My god the poor kid would be better off leaving.

perverse

Referee
jeez , I'm no expert on developing kids but wow ....it is little wonder the club has developed few juniors. My god the poor kid would be better off leaving.
It's like they just come in week to week, throw shit at the wall and hope something sticks. Cody Hopwood will end up at fullback logjammed behind KP and Sharpe or something ridiculous at this rate.