What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosh

Coach
For all those WB haters, his name alone is bringing us players.

Hopefully this guy will become the centre inside Aku we all want to see.

perverse

Referee
he is definitely a prodigious young talent. he is pretty much first grade ready. i wouldn't be surprised to see him in first grade pretty quickly.

aqua_duck

Coach
Would love to see Gagai and Albert Kelly resurrect their careers here, 2 prodigious talents who have the potential to go all the way if they can sort their off field stuff out

Nuffy

Bench
He must be able to play as he'd just re-signed with the Bronc's.

If he is a genuine centre then he might be just the ticket for Uate.

Lets hope he gets his sh*t together.

Classic Knights however, bad reports in the paper so roll out some good news.

perverse

Referee
He's a natural fullback that the Broncos have been grooming into a centre. I don't know what his centre play is like at the moment - but he is of such talent, athleticism and pace that he would make a fist of it pretty immediately with us, i think.

if Mullo is out it would have to come down to Kelly or Davis, i would think. Hilder at 5/8th was a massive failure.

aqua_duck

Coach
He played centre for Redcliffe in the Qld cup a few weeks back and destroyed Tweed Heads who were fielding about a dozen Titans contracted players

Yosh

Coach
He was groomed to replace Hodges so would be pretty exciting to see him inside Aku. Or just recall Maddog, he'd still be about 49 times better than Sau and Wes.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Newcastle Knights win fight for dumped Bronco Dane Gagai's signature

NEWCASTLE have fended off big offers from Canterbury, Penrith and the Queensland Reds to sign discarded Brisbane Broncos utility back Dane Gagai.

Gagai, who was shown the door by the Broncos earlier this month for disciplinary reasons, has signed with the Knights for the rest of the season and two further years.

It's understood he will be at training in the morning after flying into Newcastle tonight and there is a possibility he could be drafted straight into the Knights side to play against his old club on Sunday in Brisbane.

It's understood Bulldogs coach Des Hasler and recruitment guru Noel Cleal flew to Brisbane late last week in a bid to entice Gagai to the Bulldogs.

He had also spoken to Phil Gould about a move to the Panthers and a switch to rugby union with the Reds was another consideration.

But he has family ties to Knights coach Wayne Bennett which was a deciding factor in his decision to link with Newcastle.

The Knights are tipped to formally announce his signing later today.
LINK

RABK

Referee
Good news - he had to be signed and named to play either NSW cup or FG this week to be able to play for us in 2013 so i thought we'd get an answer today. If he is put straight into right centre it'll show how unhappy Bennett is with Sau and Naiqama.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gonna be interesting to see where he is named tomorrow. Its not like he's missed months of footy and needs match fitness as he's been playing Qld Cup all year.

He could go to 5/8 if Mullo is out

Nuffy

Bench
Can he kick goals because otherwise we need to find a slot for Wes because Roberts can't kick for sh*t.

Silent Knight

First Grade
How long is Wes and Sau contracted for? I know they were resigned last year (God knows why). I reckon Dane's deal will be heavily back-ended with Wes and Sau money after they've been released. Maybe the club will try and ship Sau and Wes off to England early to free up some cap space and recruit some large forwards?

perverse

Referee
Chris Houston, Sam Anderson, Danny Buderus, Ethan Cook, Marvin Filipo, Daine Laurie, Rodney Mason, Willie Mason, Robbie Rochow, Mark Wade, Chris Adams, Joel Edwards, Richie Fa'aoso, Siuatonga Likiliki, Kevin Naiqama, Kyle O'Donnell, Evarn Tuimavave

That is a list of our off-contracts. I can't see too many aside from House and Willie, if he wants to stay, earning another run. Bedsy of course, too.

Nuffy

Bench
He kicked goals in the Toyota Cup. He can pretty much do anything except walk on water.

Well he hasn't shown anything in FG, least of all kicking goals.

No one expects him to be Andrew Johns but he isn't organising, he isn't playmaking and he isnt making an impression.

He made the fatal mistake of being quoted in the paper as being ready to take the next step, so lets see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts