What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Tim

First Grade
Re Poore, I think that Bennett just decided that he had enough cover for the front row and if he couldn't get Poore at a reasonable rate he would let him go.

Not sure it was a reflection on Poores ability, just his value to the dragons at the time.

He might be just what we need, as we need big boppers.

If we could get Bird, Poore or another big man and a young front rower, that would be ideal.

Not asking much really...........

This is where I dont get the X coach let him go, so x coach thinks he is crap.

If only it were that black and white.

Many circumstances come into signing/re-signing/releasing players.

The loss of Poore did not effect the Dragons one bit. The addition of Poore would help the Knights alot.

Johns Magic

Referee
Poore is a solid front-rower. One that you'd love on the cheap but would never give big money.

Luckily the timing looks right on our side.

Rolla

Juniors
In the Canberra paper today it puts Gagai in a three horse race between us, the Cowboys and the Raiders. Furner has confirmed he is keen but is yet to make an offer. Furner also states that he thinks it is more likely Gagai will end up 'with Wayne Bennett in Newcastle'. Townsville is 'home' though so they can't be written off.

I think we should chase him hard, if he signs before week 13 he can play this year, and we need a right centre so I expect things to unravel one way or another soon. I think we (and Canberra) could offer him a first grade spot straight away which will be tempting.

RABK

Referee
For this year?

Or 2013 onwards?

This year. Though i wouldn't expect him to play much, if any, FG in 2013. He has to be signed to a NRL club by 5pm 28th of May to be able to play in 2013 so expect to know where he is heading sometime next week.

Hard to see him turning his back on an opportunity to rejoin Bennett, apparently has a similar relationship with Bennett as Boyd does and stays in contact with him.

Rolla

Juniors
If we sign him i would certainly expect him to play firstgrade this year personally. Some of you might have seen more of him than me but i see no reason why he wouldn't walk into a right centre spot (or at worst be given a shot at it).

And we are talking about 2012 JM. He has been released by Brisbane so he is free to join and play this season like Willie Mason (so long as a team gets pen to paper before the cut off).

Jeff Lima still in our sights? First prop to win Lance Todd Trophy for three decades last year. Form prop of the ESL this year. Make of that what you will. Poore and Lima would be some coup. Souths after both i read on The Mole's twitter page. It has to be one or the other. A prop rotation with Snowy and Mase with those two would be incredible.

Yosh

Coach
If we sign Jennings, Bird and Showstopper's mystery half, we're gonna win some games boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts