What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom eel

First Grade
Cameron King's stocks have risen a lot in the past month, without him doing anything. Peats gone, De Gois offered half his current money, Pritchard hanging out with nongs and acting like one.... King might land a top 25 spot for 2017!

El Diablo

Post Whore
f**king Kaysa, what a nuffie. First the drugs test swaperoo (suspicious or what?) and now preventing ambos from trying to treat a drug-addled mate. Guy can't even make first grade in his own right yet.

Why did we ever let Peats go... between Norman and Pritchard we look to be stuck with two boneheads who'll probably still be with us next year as well :crazy:

test was OK http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...r-manipulating-drug-test-20150513-gh14fi.html

It is understood Pritchard was concerned he would get into trouble for taking a sleeping tablet that was not issued by the club doctor. Pritchard was later made to take the test and although there were no abnormalities it was considered a fail due to the attempted switch.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol....Norman and Pritchard "sack them, ra ra ra"

Wicks and Ma'u....deafening silence

phantom eel

First Grade

Wicks and Ma'u....last f**ked up in 2009 and 2007 respectively. That's why there's a deafening silence - they've done their time, are matured, signed well after the incidents concerned, and are not damaging the club's reputation.

Norman and Pritchard (and Tim Smith for good measure)? Losers that haven't grown up yet - f**k 'em off, they are damaging our club's reputation.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/d43902d2163c41d7622cdcedb53a6f33
SPOTTED

PHIL Gould, Anthony Griffin and Jarryd Hayne’s manager Wayne Beavis discussing player recruitment at the Willoughby Hotel over lunch.

SHOOSH III

THE Roosters have missed out on signing Parramatta Eels fullback Michael Gordon for the remainder of the season but rest assured he will be at Bondi Junction next year.

BRAD LENDS A HELPING HAND

EELS coach Brad Arthurhas had a lot to worry about — from Kieran Foran, Junior Paulo and Corey Norman to the salary cap scandal and the threat of losing 12 competition points.

Still, it hasn’t stopped him from doing some great things away from the Eels.

When Arthur read our story about Boggabilla and the town’s battle to set up a rugby league club in far northwest NSW, he immediately sprang into action.

Even on game day before the match against Newcastle last Monday night, Arthur was ringing contacts to organise some footy and training equipment to be sent to Boggabilla.

“It’s a very moving story,” Arthur said, “At Parramatta we’re in a position where we can help with old training equipment and things like that.”

It’s an amazing story of how the home team uses cricket nets wrapped in a tarpaulin for their dressing sheds and a shipping container for the visiting team.

MANSOUR TO CASH IN ELSEWHERE

PENRITH are in danger of losing powerful State of Origin winger Josh Mansour, whose contract is up at the end of the season. The move to sign James Tamouand upgrade Bryce Cartwright, James Fisher-Harrisand Nathan Cleary has left little in the salary cap for wingers.

The Panthers’ first offer to Mansour is about half of what he can earn elsewhere and he is now being shopped around by his agent Sam Ayoub. It would be no surprise to see him step out for Sydney Roosters next season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I would have wanted them sacked too if they had committed their crimes while at our club. I wouldn't want them here if they hadn't paid their debt either.

Anyway I don't want Norman or Pritchard sacked but I do think the new risk should factor into how much we offer Norman, and Pritchard too when he comes off contract.

yy_cheng

Coach
Interesting article.

So Penrith can't afford to keep mansour, but the article links Penrith to Hayne because WB met with Gus. How could they possibly afford Hayne. I'm sure Beavis has multiple clients apart from the plane, but for click bait purposes, it's more feasible to link Hayne to every club.

That's what I thought first but read closely:

"has left little in the salary cap for wingers."

Anyway, I am sure they will organize heaps and heaps of TPA for him. He'll probably be a regular on Ch 9 and offered a commentator gig post career. Then he can laugh at Hindy who is made to be a clown whilst Hayne will be a serious commentator.

Gronk

Staff member
Don’t be surprised if out-of-favour back-rower Curtis Sironen leaves the Tigers before June 30.

The 22-year-old is having an unhappy 2016, having missed three games with a hamstring injury before being dropped to NSW Cup in round 11.

Sironen has languished in reserve grade the last three weeks and is desperate to revive his career before the June 30 transfer deadline, and his name has been mentioned to at least two other Sydney clubs.

Curtis’ dad Paul is a Tigers legend – he hold the games record for Balmain with 246 appearances and is still involved in the club. Curtis has played 64 matches for the joint venture since his 2012 debut, as well as winning three City Origin jumpers.

Sironen fancies himself as a ball-player but the Tigers already have plenty of playmakers in the shape of halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, as well as hooker Robbie Farah.

That’s frustrating the utility and he’s believed to be assessing his option before the transfer deadline, which falls just before round 17.
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/siron...d=739207622562193408&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gus was talking about his best mate uncle Nick and the Roosters and a certain tigers half they will wait a year on. Was meant to be private.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interesting article.

So Penrith can't afford to keep mansour, but the article links Penrith to Hayne because WB met with Gus. How could they possibly afford Hayne. I'm sure Beavis has multiple clients apart from the plane, but for click bait purposes, it's more feasible to link Hayne to every club.

In Penriths backline they would have -

Moylan
DWZ
Blake
Whare
Hiku
Peachey
Jennings x 2
Braidon Burns

The last 3 are rated as talents but even with them out you have 6 guys not counting mansour to squeeze into 5 spots. When you have excess you do not offer overs for a guy.

So where would they play Hayne? If they offered 700k to Tamou and its know he isnt going i am sure moneys not an issue.Plus i reckon soward will move on so that leaves 650k plus you have segs and mckendrys money. And i reckon the Duke would be a master at TPA's. Hiku would not be costing them more then 300k on books.
If they snared Hayne where would he fit in ?

I am putting my money on Hayne -> eels or rugby. Id lean to rugby thou

hindy111

Post Whore
And do not be shocked if Gus did this tweet on purpose. Stir the pot and expose a few things ;) He is not and idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts