What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I remember he was on $600K when he was at the Panthers and that was about ten years ago. He must be on a shitload now.

Mate I heard he is on $700k for us from next year. That's too much but it won't matter because Pou won't believe me so lets make if $350k. He is a bargain at that price.

Mate I heard he is on $700k for us from next year. That's too much but it won't matter because Pou won't believe me so lets make if $350k. He is a bargain at that price.

I think he is probably not worth $700,000 but it wouldn't be much less than that. He's a very very good player. It doesn't seem worth worrying about too much.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he is probably not worth $700,000 but it wouldn't be much less than that. He's a very very good player. It doesn't seem worth worrying about too much.

This is the point. You don't run into cap trouble (or assemble a shit squad) because you've overpaid for one player, it happens because you've overpaid for every player. And why would you overpay for all (or even most) players in your squad? It's not from lack of talent identification (across an entire staff they would know exactly what a player is worth). The reason is that no players will come to the club for less than overs. Or won't re-sign for the same.

Avenger

Immortal
Exactly when Hayne was here we must of overpaid every player. Now I see your logic. Hayne has that affect on the cap.

Round and round we go. Where it stops only Pou knows.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly when Hayne was here we must of overpaid every player. Now I see your logic. Hayne has that affect on the cap.

Well my argument is that we overpaid for every player, including Hayne. And because he was worth the most, he would have been on the most over his value. Or do you think loyalty kept his price down? He showed how loyal he is late in 2014.

yy_cheng

Coach
Well my argument is that we overpaid for every player, including Hayne. And because he was worth the most, he would have been on the most over his value. Or do you think loyalty kept his price down? He showed how loyal he is late in 2014.

He did, he helped us reduce our salary cap pressures

hindy111

Post Whore
Every one on here wanted a strike centre. Now we have one. Jennings is in the top 3 centres in the game. He is 28 and will be 31 when he finishes here. Perfect age.
How you assemble your squad is up to you. But its not as easy as everyone think. Players have to be available and also wanting to come to your club. It is not as easy to say I want two centres that cost 300k who are about as good as Jack Bird.
Jennings is worth 550k. Guys like Hiku - Lafai - Roberts would of been demanding around the 400k. How do you rate them in comparison?
No point having spare money in your salary cap. If we paid 600k or 650 k then sure we over paid butn ot by a silly amount. We are talking 100k-150K

Compare that to Lussick/Sandow when they where here. Or to Foran now. Honestly I think Foran is worth about 700k. I think a smart team finds a very good half for that money ( Maloney/Hunt ). I also reckon some clubs get lucky and get a half who costs half that and does a solid job.
Jennings cost is not killing us. Forans cost is hurting

hindy111

Post Whore

No Hayne was worth 1 million. was paid 1.2 million he was still not overpaid . Anything over that figure would go into the overpaid menu.

Lussick was on what 400k? Tangino or Obrien can do his job for 100k. So that's 300k overpaid.
Hayne was not costing 1.5 million.

hindy111

Post Whore
Semi can barely speak English. How would his father? A lot of this could just be mis communication. Semi prob has no idea whats going on

hindy111

Post Whore
It could also be we got a little cocky with the cheating of the cap so thought why not get a Jennings we can afford it :)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The reason is that we'd employed spoon-dwelling dingbats like...
Kearney
and Stuart.

That's more a symptom of the above than the reason in itself.

I dare say the one is not the cause of the other. The reason we can't get high-demand coaches is the same reason we need to pay overs for high-demand players. We will see whether we have turned the corner insofar as attractiveness as an employer when it comes time to renew high-demand coach Brad Arthur. Even Ricky Stuart didn't want to be here as soon as another club showed interest. Kearney left us for a more secure job at a more professional organisation as well. But rest assured we weren't a club players wanted to be at well before Kearney brought Arthur and Nolan here.