What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Rein has asked for an immediate release to join the Eels
22013.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would have thought all it does tell you that we had, across a season, less possession than our opponents. It's actually a negative stat and demonstrates how poor we are as a team at controlling possession.

So the way Pou Bear has portrayed the stats, showing that our players are high up on tackles per minutes, is not a statistic to demonstrate that your team will be successful and it was useless for Pou Bear's argument...whatever the purpose of that was.
I told you what the purpose was - it was to compare Junior Paulo (who spent time at Parramatta as well) with many other middle forwards, to show how far behind even the elite attacking forwards he is.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I told you what the purpose was - it was to compare Junior Paulo (who spent time at Parramatta as well) with many other middle forwards, to show how far behind even the elite attacking forwards he is.
Next time he doesn't listen, I think you should just yell out "Allllvvviiiiinnnn".

Noise

Coach
Pou, Defensive workrate doesn't tell us much unless we find out if those players are winning the ruck...ie. conceding a fast play the ball or winning with a slow play the ball. It's no good making a heap of tackles if you give away a heap of quick play the balls.

Chipmunk

Coach
I cannot answer your question but with juniors its not a level playing field. Both Parra and Penrith pay huge amounts to train juniors who then get poached by other clubs and we and Penrith don't receive any reimbursement. Souths don't even have any juniors so pay nothing.
Its well known that many juniors join Parras system to be well trained with no intention to play for club afterwards. Its not fair on those clubs committing millions to their juniors.

So if Parra and Penrith apparently pay for the development of these juniors, where will the money come from if the NRL takes over junior development?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is only four other players on that list ahead of Junior Paulo from the 2016 Raiders team
Because I didn't include the contributions of Tapine, Bateman, Lima, Soliola, Nu'uausala, Priest and Baptiste - and all work harder than Junior Paulo. Bateman in particular works very hard in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parramatta fans have been trained by the Hindmarsh era to value high tackle counts.
These are tackles that need to be made. If one player isn't making those tackles somebody else has to. Winning the ruck is about getting numbers into the tackle. Watching while your team mates work hard doesn't contribute to slowing the opposition go-forward.

Chipmunk

Coach
Because I didn't include the contributions of Tapine, Bateman, Lima, Soliola, Nu'uausala, Priest and Baptiste - and all work harder than Junior Paulo. Bateman in particular works very hard in defence.

Well you can't show stats for some and not for all and not tell people that you're only showing a portion of the entire data. You showed all the Parra players, which gave the impression that Parra players work harder per minute than all the rest of the middle forwards in the comp, which is deceiving.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hopefully... Not that I'm completely sold on him but he is an out and out half and that's what we need right now to partner Normz...

Someone made the comment around here (or maybe it was somewhere else, can't remember exactly), that if Woods and Tedesco sign elsewhere for 2018, Cleary won't be releasing them this year and so if he agreed to release Moses it would be double standards. The difference is though, we have the cap space to accommodate Moses for this year and can start paying him now. The Dogs and Roosters wouldn't have space for Woods and Teddy respectively so even if they wanted to go now and requested an immediate release, the Roosters and Dogs wouldn't be able to take them, unless Tigers agreed to keep paying their salary for the rest of 2017 - and that ain't gonna happen....
Obviously the only reason Moses has requested an early release is because we've offered to double his 2017 salary if he can get here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
wonder if Issac Moses wished he had waited a little longer to get Brooks to re-sign?
Now the other 3 are gone he could have asked for more for Brooks as they have the space or even would Brooks want to stay knowing the other 3 would be going.?
I don't think your paradigm of managers owning the players is correct. The players are adults with a lot of power. Their managers work for them, as in, they are actual paid employees.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, Defensive workrate doesn't tell us much unless we find out if those players are winning the ruck...ie. conceding a fast play the ball or winning with a slow play the ball. It's no good making a heap of tackles if you give away a heap of quick play the balls.
So pick a prop you know who can slow down the opposition play-the-ball and see if he works harder than Junior Paulo. I gave you a pretty big list to choose from.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think your paradigm of managers owning the players is correct. The players are adults with a lot of power. Their managers work for them, as in, they are actual paid employees.

Aren't they more like the equivalent of your real estate agent if you're selling your home? Their a recruitment agent for contract employees... They're a middle man, where the 'buyer' essentially pays their fees.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well you can't show stats for some and not for all and not tell people that you're only showing a portion of the entire data.
I did tell you:
I looked at 2016 stats because the sample is larger, and only looked at middle defenders (and only some of them).

You showed all the Parra players, which gave the impression that Parra players work harder per minute than all the rest of the middle forwards in the comp, which is deceiving.
I showed the Parramatta players because I figured you merkins would be interested in how they compare to the others.

Latest posts