What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
5% = Becomes elite and future top 5 half in game ( Cronk,Thurston
25% = Very Good and always in origin MIX ( DCE,Foran,Norman)
40% = Solid first grade player ( Widdop)
20% = First grader - (Mcrone level)
10% = In UK in 2 yrs

And at his price tag if he become in that 40% range its what we expect.

Id say a 30% chance which is still quite high we will be disappointed. But also a 30% chance he will be better value then what paid.
I see what you are saying ... there is an 85% chance that its 30% sure he will be 40% solid or more

Swiftstylez

Bench
Sandow > Moses
Sandow > Moses = Mortimer

That is a good equation.

I honestly think you could deal with either Moses or Norman, but not both. The natural halfback is neither of them.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
I think they are recruiting well. Moses is potentially better than Reynolds, and is already comparable. But Reynolds suits Brooks much better. Eastwood and Packer are the kind of forwards they need too, and would cost as much between them as Woods. McQueen is another quality acquisition.

they've reportedly paid packer the same as dogs signed woods

Glenneel

Bench
I think in this case it makes sense. Vaughan takes the majority of the Dragons' middle forward carries. It's understandable that another club can get more value out of Packer.
Vaughan was another player that it appears BA didn't make a play for. He is worth much more money than St Geo are paying him now. Bet RS would love him back, their 2 props must be well off the pace getting beat by Newcastle. Incidentally Newcastle don't turn up their toes when the going gets tough, which is all the time. They play their guts out every match and jag a win every so often.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Vaughan was another player that it appears BA didn't make a play for. He is worth much more money than St Geo are paying him now. Bet RS would love him back, their 2 props must be well off the pace getting beat by Newcastle. Incidentally Newcastle don't turn up their toes when the going gets tough, which is all the time. They play their guts out every match and jag a win every so often.
Yes, it would be good to support a team like Newcastle who tries their guts out every week but still loses 95% of their games.

Glenneel

Bench
The thread already exists. I have been saying it for months.

Let it be known in the pages of history that there was one lone voice on a forum full of uneducated merkins who tried to persuade the hearts and minds of of the powers that be to avoid Moses. All of the dissenters of this one lone voice shall truly have their reward that is coming to them. The immediate future is looking as ugly as the wooden spoon years. Just a hot tip: Look forward to the club Cronk plays for belting us like the Roosters last week.

I'd obviously love to be wrong, show us what you got Mosey.

Yes another team with big forwards. We always struggle against teams with big forwards and backs. They'll suck our team into the centre of the field and then have big shifts to the edge and catch us short like the Roosters. Another massacre coming up?
PS Hope I'm wrong too.

Stevie

Bench
Napa was the bloke I would have been throwing the bank at. I think he will be an elite prop for years into the future. I just like the way he plays.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Canterbury are the team you want to target if you need a prop. Plenty of big boys they'll have to lose someone.

they won't lose klemm because they brought in woods for their bromance

graham - maybe
kas - no
tolman - no
eastwood - no
elliot - yes, out of contract too
fualalo - maybe
faitala mariner - yes locked for 3 years, they won't let him go

Eelpout

Juniors
If Ricky Stuart doesn't keep Dave Taylor in 2018 for whatever reason we should have a serious look at him. Here me out. Firstly he would come at a very reasonable price and at his best is a genuine representative player. He is the exact type of body we need in the middle for a little extra punch.

He isn't getting a run at the moment though i'm pretty confident that Ricky is doing that just to motivate him and get him back to his best. I'm sure he will be a mainstay on their bench come the backend of the season. He has shredded down and is still only 28, meaning his best could well and truly still be ahead of him.

It all sounds good in theory but it could be a null talking point as I think the Raiders will keep him for next year. If not, he would definitely be on my shopping list.

84 Baby

Referee
they won't lose klemm because they brought in woods for their bromance

graham - maybe
kas - no
tolman - no
eastwood - no
elliot - yes, out of contract too
fualalo - maybe
faitala mariner - yes locked for 3 years, they won't let him go
I'd really only look at Graham (depending on salary hit) and Elliott

Forty20

First Grade

We absolutely were interested in Vaughan and tabled him in a very reasonable offer. The Dragons trumped our offer significantly and took a huge gamble on him (remember he was stuck in reggies in 2016 and there were some whispers of potential character issues from Canberra fans at one point) with the money they stumped up. It ended up as a great investment but it could have easily blown up in their faces.

Putting aside what we know of his 2017 form and casting your memories back to the end of 2016 where we he was stuck in reggies and we had just broken a hellish cap-cycle, what would everyone have been comfortable offering him?