What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
Does Brad have a brother?
he has an uncle

A-337204-1154835316.jpeg.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
20s will be state based
run across 23 rounds
2 byes coinciding with school boy championships
GF week of prelim finals
state championship played on NRL GF day
it will be up to individual clubs whether it is played before NRL or NSW cup
Luke Burt will be coach

those 20s
I understand the State Cup clubs are required to field teams, not the NRL clubs.

So while we (Parramatta) will be farming our contracted under 20s players to Wenty we aren't required to fill out the 17 each week. That is Wenty's responsibility. The only players contracted to the Eels will be ones we have identified as potential first graders. That could mean only half a dozen Eels in Wenty's under 20s team. The rest will consist of players of the calibre of Dylan Clifford and Dean Matterson, who will be on some kind of deal with Wentworthville rather than the NYC contract (to an NRL club) of previous years.

I understand the State Cup clubs are required to field teams, not the NRL clubs.

So while we (Parramatta) will be farming our contracted under 20s players to Wenty we aren't required to fill out the 17 each week. That is Wenty's responsibility. The only players contracted to the Eels will be ones we have identified as potential first graders. That could mean only half a dozen Eels in Wenty's under 20s team. The rest will consist of players of the calibre of Dylan Clifford and Dean Matterson, who will be on some kind of deal with Wentworthville rather than the NYC contract (to an NRL club) of previous years.

23 of this years team will be back
Source = I asked Luke Burt these questions at Leichhardt oval last weekend

84 Baby

Referee

What about players who had previous NYC contracts signed before NRL "decided" to can NYC who haven't been identified as potential first graders but for some reason had multiple year (or possibly only 1 year if it was signed before NYC dumping) contracts that take them through next year?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What about players who had previous NYC contracts signed before NRL "decided" to can NYC who haven't been identified as potential first graders but for some reason had multiple year (or possibly only 1 year if it was signed before NYC dumping) contracts that take them through next year?
Well how quickly did the NRL make their decision? As far as I remember we knew for a few years that it would be canned at the end of the existing TV deal.

And I doubt those NYC players not considered potential first graders would be signing multi-year NYC contracts.

84 Baby

Referee
Well how quickly did the NRL make their decision? As far as I remember we knew for a few years that it would be canned at the end of the existing TV deal.

And I doubt those NYC players not considered potential first graders would be signing multi-year NYC contracts.
I really can't be f**ked researching

chiefy1

Juniors
2000 pages and not one substantially correct rumored signing !

The leaks have stopped ! Lol :joy:

Hail the Spagnolo/Proshenks connection.

The wizard of Oz has finally been unmasked.

Gronk

Staff member

Sorry guys, I put this into google translate but it says language unknown. Anyone ?

Makes it difficult if we don't sign anybody (from outside the club) for a while doesn't it? Sort of makes it impossible, actually.

Latest posts