What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
"
Parramatta have six players from their top list still off-contract for next season, with only one likely to be retained.

That man is Frank Pritchard.

Turning 34 on Friday, the Eels will wait and see how the backrower’s body pulls up after his duties with Samoa in the World Cup wrap up before offering him a 12 month extension.
Reserve grade players John Folau, Cody Nelson, Scott Schulte, Honeti Tuha and Matthew Woods have all been cut.

These men will be replaced by Holden Cup players ready to make the jump to the fulltime squad."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/2ea068233de78d1f89ed8ca692909a06
So our new strategy is, cut the younger brother so you can sign the older one

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
"
Parramatta have six players from their top list still off-contract for next season, with only one likely to be retained.

Turning 34 on Friday, the Eels will wait and see how the backrower’s body pulls up after his duties with Samoa in the World Cup wrap up before offering him a 12 month extension.
Reserve grade players John Folau, Cody Nelson, Scott Schulte, Honeti Tuha and Matthew Woods have all been cut.

These men will be replaced by Holden Cup players ready to make the jump to the fulltime squad."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/2ea068233de78d1f89ed8ca692909a06

It's a shame we've let Folau go. I thought John was just hitting his stride as an edge backrower, but it isn't a position where he's going to see much first grade in so he's better off leaving anyway.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nah mate didn't you see? People who don't watch rugby say he's slow and got no ball skills. Dud.
Who said he was slow???? But he has hardly great passing skills which is what is needed for fullback in the modern game. Why do you think Jed Bogan has moved into the centres????

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who said he was slow????

some one, possibly Ram ? not sure but like Bazal said, I'm sure some of you guys dont watch Rugby

you dont get to be one of the most skillful Wobblies if you dont have basic skills like being able to pass the ball, he is an excellent kick returner and finisher

having said that I would play him on the wing as he is tall and can mark the ball and we got FBs coming out of our arses and I really dont think he will leave the Wobblies anyway as all I've read seems to be just speculation

Glenneel

Bench
I’d really like to think Gutherson is a lock as our number 1 next year. He proved his absolute class this year with bugger all preparation there.

I tend to think BA thinks this also.
If we get Izzy, and its a very big if, he has to play fb as he will cost around $1m. No way will he be a winger, as suggested by Pou, or a centre at that price. However, to utilize him to the best effect we badly need to improve our forwards, a couple of good power forwards, to give him and the halves room to work.

Finally we have a couple of good halves to work with but they need room to work their magic. Maybe then we can start to dominate teams, to rack up big scores, as we certainly haven't for some time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
"

Implying that Gennings, Niukore, Ualesi and Terepo have all re-signed. Those four plus the 24 announced players make 28. Not a lot of room left for NYC graduates. I assume Meehan won't be back either.

Glenneel

Bench
"

I would have preferred club to retain John Folau (as back rower) instead of Frank who didn't show much when he did play, and he wasn't picked for the finals either. From reports (as I never saw him play there) I heard John was playing well in his new position. He was moved there during the season so with more time there could develop into a good player.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
some one, possibly Ram ? not sure but like Bazal said, I'm sure some of you guys dont watch Rugby

you dont get to be one of the most skillful Wobblies if you dont have basic skills like being able to pass the ball, he is an excellent kick returner and finisher

having said that I would play him on the wing as he is tall and can mark the ball and we got FBs coming out of our arses and I really dont think he will leave the Wobblies anyway as all I've read seems to be just speculation
Gee one of the most skilful wallabies???

What a massive wrap!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I would have preferred club to retain John Folau (as back rower) instead of Frank who didn't show much when he did play, and he wasn't picked for the finals either. From reports (as I never saw him play there) I heard John was playing well in his new position. He was moved there during the season so with more time there could develop into a good player.

The club probably wants leadership/experience , thus them wanting to keep Pritchard.

While Pritchard is passed his prime he wasn't terrible in the games he did play, he did ok, additionally he did have a broken leg which didn't help (not an aged injury either).

Folau could potentially turn into a top 17 forward, but we don't need to take a chance (or waste a spot) on that as we already have the following players for a edge spot Manu, Edward, Gower, Moeroa, Pritchard, Scott, niukore and potentially Stone. With Stone / niukore we already have two "development" players and Morris is also under contract.

Additionally he doesn't offer the experience/leadership of Pritchard.

Also Pritchard probably isn't costing that much more then Falou - just a guess Falou would cost at least $80-100k (minimum contract) and Pritchard probably $150-$200k.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^^ link

Newcastle prop Pauli Pauli is poised to move to England.

Tipping the scales at 125 kilos, the 23-year-old is on the verge of signing a deal with Wakefield in the Super League.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're talking about Folau against reserve grade sides. How do you reckon Fritchard would've gone against the same opposition?

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Implying that Gennings, Niukore, Ualesi and Terepo have all re-signed. Those four plus the 24 announced players make 28. Not a lot of room left for NYC graduates. I assume Meehan won't be back either.
Can you list that 28, interested to see what positions look likely to be the last two spots

Gazzamatta

Coach
The club probably wants leadership/experience , thus them wanting to keep Pritchard.

While Pritchard is passed his prime he wasn't terrible in the games he did play, he did ok, additionally he did have a broken leg which didn't help (not an aged injury either).

Folau could potentially turn into a top 17 forward, but we don't need to take a chance (or waste a spot) on that as we already have the following players for a edge spot Manu, Edward, Gower, Moeroa, Pritchard, Scott, niukore and potentially Stone. With Stone / niukore we already have two "development" players and Morris is also under contract.

Additionally he doesn't offer the experience/leadership of Pritchard.

Also Pritchard probably isn't costing that much more then Falou - just a guess Falou would cost at least $80-100k (minimum contract) and Pritchard probably $150-$200k.

Disagree. Frank was rubbish. Defence terrible. Fitness poor. Impact non existent.
If Kaysa needs big brother to hold his hand dump him too.
At any price Frank the Stank is overpriced.
Yes. Im having a bad morning.

Latest posts