What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anthony Griffin. 7 seasons as an NRL coach. 6 Finals appearances. Took over two teams who missed the finals the previous year and made the Finals that season.

Sacked by two clubs...

It's hard caper this NRL coaching gig.
Hasn't ever secured the support of his players. They are more important to a coach's longevity than muppet deathrider fans.

IFR33K

Coach
Hasn't ever secured the support of his players. They are more important to a coach's longevity than muppet deathrider fans.

Do you believe everything you hear in the media?

He’s had no problems re-signing players and has got decent results wherever he’s gone. If Gus is happy to buckle to players, maybe he should get the players to coach themselves.

That’s 2 coaches Gus has now sacked. Did he sack anyone before Cleary?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
30605115_815009892040061_4408888567632232448_n.jpg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He’s had no problems re-signing players and has got decent results wherever he’s gone. If Gus is happy to buckle to players, maybe he should get the players to coach themselves.

That’s 2 coaches Gus has now sacked. Did he sack anyone before Cleary?
Whether you like it or not, players are more effective at getting coaches sacked than fans are. Its why Arthur is still coach.

Unless the fans are powerful or influential or have photos of the coach f**king frozen chickens. I am sure there are some other exceptions.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Whether you like it or not, players are more effective at getting coaches sacked than fans are. Its why Arthur is still coach.

Unless the fans are powerful or influential or have photos of the coach f**king frozen chickens. I am sure there are some other exceptions.

Whether I like it or not? No need to get unsettled my friend, was just playing devils advocate.

It was less than 12 months ago that griffin was extended for 2 more years. And considering his team was still firing despite a horrendous injury toll, I find hard to believe he’s lost the confidence of the players, in less than a year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Whether I like it or not? No need to get unsettled my friend, was just playing devils advocate.

It was less than 12 months ago that griffin was extended for 2 more years. And considering his team was still firing despite a horrendous injury toll, I find hard to believe he’s lost the confidence of the players.
I'm not unsettled. Apologies if my words appeared abrupt.

Why do you think Griffin was sacked? Gus being a merkin?

IFR33K

Coach
I'm not unsettled. Apologies if my words appeared abrupt.

Why do you think Griffin was sacked? Gus being a merkin?

I have no idea. Let me ask you this, why was Cleary sacked?

If I’m to take a punt and answer your question, I’d say maybe griffin and Gus had a falling out or personality clashes. I mean we are 4 weeks out from semi final footy with the panthers in a very cosy position to give the Comp a real shake.

Wasn’t Gus really vocal about us punting BS all those years ago? Saying it’s a huge mistake.

Here he is punting two seamingly sound coaches in relative quick succession. Seems odd.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have no idea. Let me ask you this, why was Cleary sacked?

If I’m to take a punt and answer your question, I’d say maybe griffin and Gus had a falling out or personality clashes. I mean we are 4 weeks out from semi final footy with the panthers in a very cosy position to give the Comp a real shake.

Wasn’t Gus really vocal about us punting BS all those years ago? Saying it’s a huge mistake.

Here he is punting two seamingly sound coaches in relative quick succession. Seems odd.
My memory is that Smith lost the players which is why he was punted.

Did Cleary and Hook lose the players? We don't know for sure but my sense is that it was a strong factor. I don't think Gus would have been able to get it past his board without some evidence from the players themselves.

Was Gus also a factor and is he a hypocritical turd given his previous comments about Smith? No question.

Am I going to do another question and answer in this post? You bet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only ways it would realistically happen is if either he had another job already lined up or if he the job was causing him serious mental health issues (and he could the take the payout to court if that was case). I don’t think it’s either of those scenarios. He’s getting full pay
Yep. Penrith are f**king loaded. Like we used to be, before we spent all our money.

100% Footy soon! No doubt Gus will give us all the inside scoop. Or more likely he'll brush it off as nothing special and the minions will move on.

Captain BF

Juniors
I didn't understand why a couple of weeks ago Gould said that it was inevitable that Nathan Cleary would play under Ivan's coaching and wouldn't stand in his way. Didn't make good footy business sense to me. Shows great compassion and a sense of putting family first though. Insert feel good story about father and son.

Now a job becomes open to be Nathan's coach. I wonder if it was a reverse ploy for the Tigers to release Ivan to go to Penrith?

Or is that just adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 7?

Latest posts