What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Huddersfield target NRL pair

Huddersfield Giants are looking to strength their roster for 2019 and have been linked with Australian half-backs Corey Norman and Brock Lamb, report League Weekly.

Lamb and Norman are set to leave Newcastle Knights and Parramatta Eels respectively at the end of the season. Both players are attracting interest from other NRL clubs but League Weekly report that the duo are on Huddersfield’s wish list.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...reserves-arguments-huddersfield-want-nrl-duo/

Eelementary

Post Whore
Huddersfield target NRL pair

Huddersfield Giants are looking to strength their roster for 2019 and have been linked with Australian half-backs Corey Norman and Brock Lamb, report League Weekly.

Lamb and Norman are set to leave Newcastle Knights and Parramatta Eels respectively at the end of the season. Both players are attracting interest from other NRL clubs but League Weekly report that the duo are on Huddersfield’s wish list.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...reserves-arguments-huddersfield-want-nrl-duo/

Getting rid of Corey Norman is an error.

#saveCorey

Gronk

Staff member
Getting rid of Corey Norman is an error.

#saveCorey
Corey doesn't have to sign elsewhere. We're still paying him the most $$$. He may just have a good 2019 with us. Here's hoping.

Putting pressure on Norman to play at his potential is a win/win for us. If he stays, then he needs to play well secure a contract for 2020 here or somewhere else. If he goes then the coaching staff obviously think that we’d be no worse off with Guthu or Salmon at 6, with cash to spend.

I’m ok either way. Let’s face it, he plays mostly below his pay grade.

JokerEel

Coach
Only 2 options I can see.

Cleary goes back to coach at Penrith, not sure why he would after Gould sacked him and the only reason Gould wants him is to keep his son.

Fittler takes head coach role and Nathan Cleary sticks around to be coached by the NSW coach..

Gronk

Staff member
Only 2 options I can see.

Cleary goes back to coach at Penrith, not sure why he would after Gould sacked him and the only reason Gould wants him is to keep his son.

Fittler takes head coach role and Nathan Cleary sticks around to be coached by the NSW coach..
Do you think Fittler us the guy who Gus is waiting for a response?

Frankly I can't see it happening. Being an NRL coach is a horrible way to earn a living. There us really very few career coaches and those who are benefit from salary cap sombreros or or intermittently unemployed. Some end up unemployable.

Meanwhile Freddy is on the wave of a good run with the Blues and he can do no wrong in the media right now. Why change ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Putting pressure on Norman to play at his potential is a win/win for us. If he stays, then he needs to play well secure a contract for 2020 here or somewhere else. If he goes then the coaching staff obviously think that we’d be no worse off with Guthu or Salmon at 6, with cash to spend.

I’m ok either way. Let’s face it, he plays mostly below his pay grade.

He's a more dangerous attacking player than Moses - at least on current form.

I sincerely hope we keep him.

But I agree - putting pressure on him to perform is no bad thing.

JokerEel

Coach
Do you think Fittler us the guy who Gus is waiting for a response?

Frankly I can't see it happening. Being an NRL coach is a horrible way to earn a living. There us really very few career coaches and those who are benefit from salary cap sombreros or or intermittently unemployed. Some end up unemployable.

Meanwhile Freddy is on the wave of a good run with the Blues and he can do no wrong in the media right now. Why change ?

As Gus said Hook was trying to do it all while the Panthers have been trying to been trying to change things up by having more coaches/trainers do the work.

With that idea I can see Fittler taking the head coach role and having to do less than most coaches in the NRL.

JokerEel

Coach
He's a more dangerous attacking player than Moses - at least on current form.

I sincerely hope we keep him.

But I agree - putting pressure on him to perform is no bad thing.

I think we will let both Moses and Norman go..

2019 will be Moses and Salmon in the halves with 2020 having Brown and Salmon..

French wont be kept either.

Last Week

Bench
I think we will let both Moses and Norman go..

2019 will be Moses and Salmon in the halves with 2020 having Brown and Salmon..

French wont be kept either.

Moses won't leave if the club want him. He doesn't want to leave Sydney and likes the club.

Latest posts