What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Some very good points by Smith:

Stuart Won the Comp After they gave Murray the flick... Made the 3 grand finals in a row...

Barrett & Brennan were offered first Grade gigs. Were not ready when they Signed Hook..

I still dont know why they sacked Cleary, the story was that he was going stale?

Glenneel

Bench
Every player bought for the top 30 is bought because they're capable of playing first grade at the time. It's only stupid merkins that write "this is a wenty signing" that believe they are.
Its only the stupid that believe that I think otherwise. But seriously Matagi, Vave and Kane Evans (until now) are only Wenty standard or worse and I believe were desperate signings by BA to fill holes in the roster as he didn't bid or was knocked back on his preferred signings.

Glenneel

Bench
We are running last and no talk of sacking coach. Panthers tied for 4th and Duke wields the axe.
Difference in standards I guess. Duke tuns a tight ship and wont except mediocrity
Penrith > mediocrity
Parra = mediocrity
There might not be a top quality coach out there willing to accept the Parra coaching job but there are plenty of assistant coaches willing to give it a go. Both Paul Green and Seibold were assistant coaches and I'm sure there are similar well credentialed assistants there for Parra to choose from. About time to sack BA before he lets all our good players go.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Its started. Past players having their say. Next stage will be current players. The media are already turning the screws on Gus.
The media will milk this for weeks.
Cant believe its Panthers and not Parra for a change.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Its only the stupid that believe that I think otherwise. But seriously Matagi, Vave and Kane Evans (until now) are only Wenty standard or worse and I believe were desperate signings by BA to fill holes in the roster as he didn't bid or was knocked back on his preferred signings.

What? BA didn't bid on his preferred signings? Surely, surely you don't believe that? I'm not a fan of Matagi or Vave but at the time of their signing they were able of playing first grade.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Matagi was signed late in the year as our top 17 prop Wicks decided retire, I suppose BA should have been able to read the future and gone shopping for a prop just in case someone may or may not want to leave!!

Vave was a budget signing to get a “big” body, as you may be aware (probably not) the 2016 season was a total f**k up and our cap was a mess, BA had pretty limited resources to work with along with an unknown cap position. But hey BA should have known and just fixed the cap by himself without a board, CEO, chairman or footy manager!! Additionally Vave was part of a side that made the top 4.

Evans yeah hasn’t been the greatest success yet, but he showed on Saturday his potential - if he continues to play like that, he will be a very valuable top 17 player in our squad!

Gronk

Staff member
Why would Tigers let him go ? Unless they jump on the merry-go-round. Wayne Bennett ?

Latest posts