What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Im listening to Gus on Ch9 Six Tackles with Gus podcast. He is the supreme spin doctor.

He sacked Cleary the first time as a favour to Ivan because he needed a break.

The ceo and Ivan were having meeting about a house sale and by chance a return to Penrith was raised. All of sudden Gus finds himself with a situation that he had to manage. He is only a musician in this orchestra and not the conductor. :rolling_eyes:

hindy111

Post Whore
Im listening to Gus on Ch9 Six Tackles with Gus podcast. He is the supreme spin doctor.

The ceo and Ivan were having meeting about a house sale and by chance a return to Penrith was raised. All of sudden Gus finds himself with a situation that he had to manage. He is only a musician in this orchestra and not the conductor. :rolling_eyes:

An empathetic caring man.
Hail the Duke

hindy111

Post Whore
Feeel goood

Phil gould

Feeel goood

Phil gould

Feeel goood

I do i do

Feeel good

Phil gould

Phil good

Feel gould

I do i do

Lol. You have to admire the hide of the man I suppose.

TheRam

Coach
Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry.
Funny enought that was the first question we asled Gary when he arrived for the meeting. I laughed when he said I like all three.

And what was even funnier, he added his own flavor, banana.

Gronk

Staff member
I listened to that @Gronk and I believe him. Maybe I am naive or just too used to giving people the benefit of the doubt. That is certainly a possibility.
I also reckon that if this shit was going down here at Parra, you would too.

What I didn’t buy was that the CEO went of on his own to approach Ivan. That Gus does not know what was discussed etc etc etc. this is not my area the board does this, the board does that, the review etc. The whole thing has nothing to do with me. I would have liked Hook to stay on.

Then at the end when Bracey asks about the 12 applicants, he starts to then own the role is recruiting the new coach and how HE wont make the decision lightly and HE will need to do the right thing for the clubs future.

Sorry, Gus runs the show and he is deflecting the controversy towards a CEO who does not do media. Gus does all the media.

Sure Gus, sure.

images

What I didn’t buy was that the CEO went of on his own to approach Ivan. That Gus does not know what was discussed etc etc etc. this is not my area the board does this, the board does that, the review etc. The whole thing has nothing to do with me. I would have liked Hook to stay on.

Then at the end when Bracey asks about the 12 applicants, he starts to then own the role is recruiting the new coach and how HE wont make the decision lightly and HE will need to do the right thing for the clubs future.

Sorry, Gus runs the show and he is deflecting the controversy towards a CEO who does not do media. Gus does all the media.

Sure Gus, sure.

images
I agree that he knows more than he is prepared to say. I also believe that it started the way Gus said it did. Anyway, only Gus, Ivan and Dave? know the truth. Let's grab some popcorn and see what happens.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Well delivered, but yeah there are some parts that are a bit fanciful.

Gronk

Staff member
All I know is if we were sitting fifth and looking decent, we’d be filthy if our club sacked our coach so close to the finals. It smacks of incompetence really. Here’s hoping Penrith implode.

What doesn’t make sense, is that if Hook wasn’t the right fit, too old school, doesn’t want to change or accept help - why did you extend his contract for another 2 years !

Nothing to do with Nathan becoming a free Agent in November. Wasn’t a factor at all. :rolleyes:

What doesn’t make sense, is that if Hook wasn’t the right fit, too old school, doesn’t want to change or accept help - why did you extend his contract for another 2 years !

Nothing to do with Nathan becoming a free Agent in November. Wasn’t a factor at all. :rolleyes:
Gus did say that Panthers wanted more staff to help Hook out and he was resisting and feeling whiteanted/paranoid (my interpretation) about it. This did sound like recent developments. That's how I see it.

strider

Post Whore
Did they know Nathan was a keeper 3 yrs ago? Also do think Gus is crunching numbers going look......
Nathan is worth 1 mill. Your getting 800k. Hows 850k for your son and 1.3 for you sound? Its Duke playing the Salary cap. Even if was none of these thing he wpuld know he can keep the son there cheaper due tp his dad being there.
I hadnt thought of that salary cap rorting angle

Cant get anything by you hindy