What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
To be fair, I think when as fans we see juniors coming through, we can only judge on aptitude and so we 'rave' about what we see on the field in Flegg, NYC, etc.
The coaching staff however also get to judge on attitude and they make a call also on the ability of the player to do the hard yards that is needed to maintain the aptitude they displayed in the juniors into first grade.

I am not sure what happened to Aufalo and Dargan, however Pauli Pauli, Tanginoa and Davis obviously didn't have the attitude and were all released once it was identified.

F**k, Parra must be a pretty shit place to bring up a kid with a decent attitude then.

emjaycee

Coach
F**k, Parra must be a pretty shit place to bring up a kid with a decent attitude then.
I think part of the problem is that in the juniors, the bigger kids get the easier passage because of their size. They stand out more and get selected for reps, etc. so they get noticed, without necessarily having to do all the hard work. While the smaller kids with a better work ethic might get overlooked and change sports. When those bigger kids reach the levels where size isn't the key factor and the coaching staff are looking for someone with the right attitude as well, it becomes more obvious they aren't going to cut it.
Demographics in our district mean there are a heaps of those bigger kids playing junior football.

We all heard how Tanginoa didn't have the right attitude to training and was released by BA, same with Pauli Pauli.

BA gets derided on here for talking about selecting players because they train well - maybe he is really just saying their attitude is the right one (they obviously have the skills to make it as well).

If you compare a 'journeyman' like Gower who you can tell has the right attitude and has had to work to make it and stay in first grade with someone like Kelepi who was given a shot as a young 19 year old but has only managed 28 games in 5 years, you can see what I mean.

Oh and I could be totally wrong and just be talking total shit of course.

Glenneel

Bench
So it seems Marty was just meeting some eels liason officer who he is friends with, not Peter Sharp...and the Roosters are looking to sign him.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that Taupau was meeting a friend, who is a member of Parramatta’s welfare department. The staff member is not involved recruitment and Parramatta claim they have no interest in Taupau.

Well-placed sources claim Taupau will eventually land in Bondi in what would be a crippling blow following Manly’s season from hell.

Taupau, who has run for nearly 150 metres a game this year, was left angry when Manly shopped him around earlier this season without his knowledge.
FFS, did we even talk to him?

Snoochies

First Grade
Parramatta.....who have a real lack of depth in their forwards aren't interested in the possibility of an international forward possibly coming on the market....................yeah right.