What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Massive as in size?

images
That's so typical of the Eels. Not interested in Tapau, an international in the prime of his career who would come cheap, and we go and sign that washed up has been in place of Norman.

(I'm having a crack at deathriding. How did I go????????????)

TheRam

Coach
Do I sense a bit of attitude, Ram?

No of course not. I was being very sarcastic. It was a shot at the poor calibre of people we must have in recruitment and retention to not be looking at attitude and commitment of the smaller or underdeveloped young players and primarily focus on the bigger more powerful players(lets be honest here Islander and Maoris).

Funny though when I said that we have to many Islanders and or Maoris in our teams, I was accused of being racist. but here is emjaycee saying basically the same thing in a veiled politically correct way, by not naming the group and no one is outraged at all.

Hmmm. Well I'll say it again, we are top heavy in that group of player and it has been detrimental to our ability to get the best kids in our catchment area to come through the system. Of course there are good and great players from Island and Maori decent, but they have a very easy going nature and when a team has over 50% representation year after year, the steel and leadership that an NRL team needs suffers and you at best get yoyo results(Warriors) at worst you get Parramatta wooden spoons and bottom 4 finishes.

Look at someone like Klemmer in the 15's he was running around in 3rd grade and the Bulldog scouts spotted him and were amazed that he was being over looked by the Parra selectors, so guaranteed him a spot if he came over to play for them. The rest as they say is history.

Not black enough I suppose.