What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
If we had a powerfull pack and rest of squad going well Frenchs speed on wing maybe used more and an asset.

Exactly Hindy. French to me is very similar to Luke Burt. He has plenty of speed and fancy trick shots here and there, but needs a good team around him for it to come out. Burty had similar issues as French, when the team went well, he often shone, but when we played badly or the team was cactus, he was often worse and many here wanted to lynch him.

At the right price, just like Burty, he can be a great asset to the team. If he was a goal kicker just like Burty, then I would definitely keep him, but since he is not I can see why some would want to see the back of him, but like I said at the right price under a strict salary system, he is the type of player that all clubs have in there team. Maybe except the Roosters and Broncos that is.

TheRam

Coach
He would complete our pack.

Id still like to move these guys on in this order

Hoffman
Taka
Evans
Bevan

Reasons are I dont see any being top 17. As much as people want Moses,MJ and Norman gone they are top 17 players and all 3 have potential to be great again. MJ has a habbit of 1 good followed bt a bad season. He is aging but not that old yet.

The 4 mentioned could be replace with 3 juniors on around 120k and that would perhaps leave about 600k to sign a high quality player for the 4th spot.

Yes our pack would then definitely have a beasty element to it and capable of bending and breaking the best of defenses by at least wearing them out a little so as there ruck speed is effected and then we can start our own momentum that the backs can finally start to do their thing.

Bevan on that list is the only one that I would still like to see in a better team for a season or two and see what he can actually deliver. I'm sure there are other worse players I would let go instead of him. Like Kaysa Pritchard maybe. Not because he can't play, but because I don't think he will ever get over his injury issues due to the way he like to play and he is the sort of player that needs to be dynamic to be good due to his lack of true dummy half skills.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Agreed. It's why I also think it's best for the team if either one of those 2 leave and we have either Salmon and Brown partnering them in the halves. The younger 2 seem like they would be fine being second fiddle.

Nothing stopping BA doing that even if one doesn’t leave, just put one in NSW cup if they can’t perform!!

One leaving is just a bonus to our cap position.

Gronk

Staff member
BA is no longer part of retention and recruitment, if he was we would have already signed up another half a dozen has beens like Charlie Gubb and Lachlan Coote both on 3 year deals :no_mouth:

This is your version of a joke or a lame attempt at a snipe at the coach?

Lame either way.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nothing stopping BA doing that even if one doesn’t leave, just put one in NSW cup if they can’t perform!!

One leaving is just a bonus to our cap position.
He had over half a season to do something like that, our season was done by round 10.

But didn’t pull the trigger.