What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm an old fashioned bloke, but I can't understand why he doesn't pick up the phone if he's still wondering. Why make it public on social media? It leaves a bad taste imo. Seems like he is trying to back us into a corner to me.
I want to know why he doesn't just take one of the many offers he must be getting from rival clubs. Either they don't exist or they are much lower than what he expects to get from us.

TheRam

Coach
So we have not one player in aus or nz side including under 20s Today?
I thought 4 or 5 guys where picked for NZ under 20s.

Unbelievable. Our junior development is really paying off.

Just a few more years now and we will be singing like the Beetles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To me this is where/when Hayne's Manager needs to step up to the plate and earn his keep.
If Slater and Thaiday can have the 2 biggest individual TPA's in the NRL, then Hayne should be able to secure something similar if not better.

He has arguably the highest public profile in sport in NSW and would sell more media and click bait then the next 10 biggest NRL names combined. Surely a legitimate TPA that has nothing to do with the Eels could be gotten for him by a manager with half a brain. His actual football contract value should nearly be the lesser component of his overall income.
Even if he had such a TPA he would still want to maximise how much he gets from an NRL club.

If I have a job cleaning hotel rooms it doesn't mean I'm happy to be paid less for my second job working in a relative's laundromat. How much I get from the first job has nothing to do with that merkin.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe Hayne only wants a one year deal but we want a longer one:

“Gurr denied that the length of contract being offered was a sticking point

It had been rumoured that Hayne was asking for a one-year deal while the club wanted him to sign for longer.

“That’s not true. We haven’t even advanced to that point (contract length),” Gurr said.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...s/news-story/593f8a2578900a2a400dfc834039e00a

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We need some sort of quality in our spine. And at the moment Hayne would be it. If we try and low ball him and he bails who do people want at fullback?

I don’t want to see French, Hoffman, Norman or Will Smith anywhere near fullback.
I think fullback might be Norman's best position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Even if he had such a TPA he would still want to maximise how much he gets from an NRL club.

If I have a job cleaning hotel rooms it doesn't mean I'm happy to be paid less for my second job working in a relative's laundromat. How much I get from the first job has nothing to do with that merkin.
This is all hypothetical, btw

FFS stop trying to find a scapegoat for soemthing every club does. Back ended contracts are used to fit more talent under a tight cap in the short term. It's how Hasler made five grand finals for two wins. It's probably how we built a premiership window between '05 and '09.

And Spagnolo hasn't been at the club since 2013. None of our current contracts were negotiated five years ago.
Except for Daniel Mortimer's.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe Hayne only wants a one year deal but we want a longer one:

“Gurr denied that the length of contract being offered was a sticking point

It had been rumoured that Hayne was asking for a one-year deal while the club wanted him to sign for longer.

“That’s not true. We haven’t even advanced to that point (contract length),” Gurr said.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...s/news-story/593f8a2578900a2a400dfc834039e00a

I think as has previously been suggested, we were waiting for the review to be finalised

it just makes sense

Gazzamatta

Coach
But, but, hang on...
BA doesn't hire people with more experience than him because he is too insecure about his own future.
Sarcasm?
Who in the organisation is actually a threat to BA?
Kidwell?
Murphy?
Grima?
(Potter?)
It appears we (BA) love(s) low hanging fruit. Why is that?

hindy111

Post Whore
Unbelievable. Our junior development is really paying off.

Just a few more years now and we will be singing like the Beetles.

Hey Ram. Start of season I predicted the vicous fish to play for NZ. Most on here poked fun at me.
What can I say?
Right again

I am disgusted thst not 1 out of 34 under 20s players made the rep side. Lets just hope its due to injuries or guys a little younger then others.

Latest posts